Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Speedo drive for BHC alloy full width hub.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedo drive for BHC alloy full width hub.

Hello,
    I may have found a source for such a speedo drive.
    I wonder if anyone could give me a serial or code number for this drive box.
    And when the description is Long reach or Short reach, does this refer to the length of thread ?.
    Regards,
    George.

Originally posted by Tribsa110 View Post
    Hello,
    I may have found a source for such a speedo drive.
    I wonder if anyone could give me a serial or code number for this drive box.
    And when the description is Long reach or Short reach, does this refer to the length of thread ?.
    Regards,
    George.
    If it helps this subject has already been aired with on a previous thread http://www.greeves-riders.org.uk/for...t=Speedo+drive
    New drives are available from
    East Restorations.
    The Meeting House,
    63 High Street,
    Navenby,
    Lincoln LN5 0EF
    Tel. 01522 810029 email: eastrestorations@btconnect.com

I would assume the short reach is for tin hubs & long reach the alloy ones.
    The final alignment of gears is done by adjusting the lock nuts on the tread.

What is the source you have found?
    Last edited by John Wakefield; 24/11/2015, 10:22 PM. Reason: change of email address now@btconnect

Comment

Thanks, I did use the search function and found several references to speedo drives.
      I did find the thread you linked to and have previously tried emailing (didn't work, tried adding the "d" to tinyworld as well) and phoning (no one available).
      I didn't pursue this avenue anyway as your link referred only to the new drives being available for the tin hubs - pre full width alloy, but apologies if I have misunderstood. I do find it irritating though when the person answering an enquiry clearly assumes that the enquirer is an idiot.
      If I have any questions in future I shall explain clearly the actions I have already taken to find the info for myself.

PS I assumed too the bit about the threads but I'll find out for certain somewhere.
      Last edited by Tribsa110; 23/11/2015, 02:18 PM. Reason: forgot a bit

Comment

Originally posted by Tribsa110 View Post
        Thanks, I did use the search function and found several references to speedo drives.
        I did find the thread you linked to and have previously tried emailing (didn't work, tried adding the "d" to tinyworld as well) and phoning (no one available).
        I didn't pursue this avenue anyway as your link referred only to the new drives being available for the tin hubs - pre full width alloy, but apologies if I have misunderstood. I do find it irritating though when the person answering an enquiry clearly assumes that the enquirer is an idiot.
        If I have any questions in future I shall explain clearly the actions I have already taken to find the info for myself.

PS I assumed too the bit about the threads but I'll find out for certain somewhere.
        No one, including me is assuming you are an 'idiot', but many people come on the forum and ask questions without first searching previous threads. You could though have mentioned that you had looked at the threads available but they did not answer your question.

As for East Restorations, their web site is still live http://www.excelsiormanxman.co.uk/ & they are currently listed as a Wassel dealer. One can only assume that being a small business operated from home that Colin East does not answer the phone during the day when he is working. I tried his number myself & there is an answerphone so maybe he will get back to you when he has time. Has anyone else had recent dealings with him?
        Last edited by John Wakefield; 23/11/2015, 03:15 PM. Reason: Details of East Restorations web site added

Comment

East Restorations

I spoke to his wife about a month ago as I was not getting any reply. I believe he will be back at work around Christmas time as far as I can remember.

Comment

Originally posted by tony View Post
            I spoke to his wife about a month ago as I was not getting any reply. I believe he will be back at work around Christmas time as far as I can remember.
            So is Colin East ill Tony? Nothing on his web site.

Comment

I am unclear why there is no statement about why there is a lack of responses to calls and emails. I mentioned he would be/ should be back at work by Christmas as that was what I was told by his wife. I don't feel I should mention personal information which they do not seem to have divulged to the wider community.

Comment

Originally posted by tony View Post
                I am unclear why there is no statement about why there is a lack of responses to calls and emails. I mentioned he would be/ should be back at work by Christmas as that was what I was told by his wife. I don't feel I should mention personal information which they do not seem to have divulged to the wider community.
                I heard back from Colin East's wife today after leaving a message. Apparently Colin has been off work after having a knee replacement but is back at work now catching up on work in hand. I asked her if he was still making the speedo drive & gears, & if he had any in stock as a number of Greeves owners were looking for them.
                She said she did not know herself but would ask Colin & get back to me. If (as likely) he has to make a new batch then this could be several weeks wait. When I get an answer I will post it up so everyone is in the picture.

Comment

Working...
                X