Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

British Hub washer/seal/spacer assembly.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• British Hub washer/seal/spacer assembly.

Hi,
    I wonder, please, if anyone could suggest a source for the washer/spacer assembly which sits outboard of the offside bearing on the rear wheel of an MDS, and spaces out/locates the brake plate?.
    These are missing and had been replaced with an old roller bearing which did nothing but slop around, allowing the brake plate to float and lock the rear wheel.
    Regards,
    Tribsa110.
    PS The previous owner was a Club member by the way!.

This thread http://www.greeves-riders.org.uk/for...ead.php?t=4756
    may help.

Comment

Thank you John,

I have printouts of the relevant hub diagrams and part descriptions which you (I think) posted not all that long ago so I know which bits I need. Not sure if you are saying they are unobtainable and just to make up something to do the job?.

In the pic, the gash bearing which has been used as a spacer is too small in diameter, too narrow to touch the brake plate and much too big in the bore. So ideally I am looking for the set of washers, etc which should be in there.
      Hope this is clearer.
      Attached Files

Comment

Sorry I sent wrong link, should have been this one http://www.greeves-riders.org.uk/for...t=Greeves+hubs which I think you have found.
        I dont think new parts are available, but you could try Paul Powell paultrials@yahoo.com he has been known to supply British hub parts. Other wise its a matter of making up suitable spacers on a lathe to fit.
        Last edited by John Wakefield; 28/10/2015, 03:07 PM.

Comment

This is the spacer you need, note you will still need felt seal & retaining cap if not using sealed bearings
          Attached Files

Comment

All that time and effort posting all those drawings....

......for once, I'm speechless......

Incredible.

Brian. (aka John.)
            Last edited by Brian Thompson; 29/10/2015, 08:21 AM. Reason: Title was too subtle, obviously....

Comment

Originally posted by John Wakefield View Post
              This is the spacer you need, note you will still need felt seal & retaining cap if not using sealed bearings
              I like the combination of imperial and metric Seriously though this is excellent for the op!

Comment

spacer

I bought one from TDS a couple of weeks ago, maybe they have some more in stock.

Comment

Thank you lads, this is greatly appreciated.
                  I'll try TMS later today but otherwise an easy little job. And John, I'll just replace the bearings with sealed ones, they're a bit rough anyway.
                  Thanks again,
                  George.

Comment

Working...
                  X