Ashford Chroming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ashford Chroming

Has anyone used this company, Ashford Chroming http://www.ashfordchroming.com/ A friend of mine sent some parts (not motorcycle) for an estimate for re chroming, He actually delivered them to their address at Pevington Farm, Pluckley, Kent TN27 0PF. As the address suggests its is a farm & the works are not there, just the office!!
    He left the parts on agreement that they would forward them to the works in London for an estimate, but if the price was not acceptable they would return them to him free of charge un-processed. After some time & number of phone calls he did get a price but it was too expensive so they said they would send them back to him as promised. After two months he is still waiting for them, he cannot now get an answer from the phone number.
    Looks like others may have had similar problems including this guy from the Triumph Stag Owners Club in 2011 who actually paid money up front to find his parts were not collected from the Post Office:-
    ...well the Saga of my Chroming continues! I sent my rear lights back to Ashford Chroming and they didn't even manage to pick up my parcel from the post office so I have just had them returned to me as "Not Called For" which means they were told there was a parcel waiting for them and didn't come to collect it. I have now asked for my money back. Only six months since I first sent the bits to them!
    Looks like their web site may not represent their actual service.

Sorry..raking up an old thread, but they quoted me £180 for one wheel rim recently. Used Marque Restore in Coventry in the end with very good results and good service.

Comment

Yep Ashford Chroming are bad news & best avoided, my colleague did eventually get his bits back but it took a lot of time & hassle. Ashford Chroming appear to be an agency who take in work then farm it out to other plating works, & as you have found are expensive in the process.

Comment

Plating

The best Platers wether it be chrome or nickel are Colenade at Wemberly, they do the lot, they even heavy copper . I see their work maybe four times a year , always spot on. Yes the turnaround time is not fast. I took a blower Bentley Rad up their last year for someone, if I'm remembering correctly it was six weeks turnaround. They have tanks long enough for 50's Americam car bumpers.
        Just one tip either send the job by courier, or if driving yourself go Saturday morning, they are on the industrial site by the stadium, bitch of a drive.
        Yes they are expensive however the job is fantastic, and definitely not farmed out.

Rob.
        Last edited by Sprocket; 20/05/2015, 02:21 PM.

Comment

10 minutes from me, drive.....I'd go on the tube!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Catt View Post
            10 minutes from me, drive.....I'd go on the tube!
            Brian, I'd love to see you on the tube with a Cadillac front bumper!!

Comment

Chrome

They don't come in singular its plural. So that's two Yank Tank Bumpers on the tube. And don't scratch them going up the escalator .
              I wonder if the staff would lend a helping hand !!!
              Last edited by Sprocket; 22/05/2015, 09:33 AM.

Comment

No escalators involved! My assistant and I would have no trouble on the tube, but the bus to the station might be interesting!

Comment

Working...
                X