Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front dampers for leading link forks

Hi guys,

Just wondering if any of the Greeves Scrambles Championship guys (or anyone else) have had any experience with using front dampers for Hawkstone's that are not from NJB??

Thanks, Michael
    Michael Eustace - www.classicmxrider.com

Hi Michael,
    No useful advice here - not sure what dampers mine has but will check with my dad what he used to replace originals with ...........but suggest that it doesn't matter if you continue to ride your Hawkstone with front wheel in air
    as per your picture.
    Cheers Kim
    p.s am sure Scotty will be able to give a better answer !

Comment

Thanks Kim, I'll drop Scott a message :-)
      Michael Eustace - www.classicmxrider.com

Comment

Dampers

Hi Mike/Kim,

Both of our hawkstones have njbs on the front, i find them very over damped, far to stiff, after 2 seasons work they have bedded in nicely as have the new fork bushes i pressed in aswell.

Njbs seem ok if you are more on par with the Friar and Mike Bell on the weight front

I know Adrian used DOT dampers on his which only damp one way, as he found 2 way damping no good on his Hawkstone.

Interestingly i turned my njbs upside down and they were much much better, and thats how they are now, I have also noticed that others have since done the same thats the light end of the dampers at the bottom.

Terry Sewell has a good relationship with Hagon and they could probably make you a lightly damped set up for you.

Good luck,

Scotty

Comment

Dampers

Have tried on the anglian , and on the griffon both njb and betors , and find its hard to judge what feels right, I think it takes several changes till you find what suits the individual , also in my case Rob would say its down to diet! looking forward to Battlesbridge, the Griffon is at last starting first kick and running well!! hope to meet up there Dicky

Comment

Interesting, what both scott & dick say about turning shocks upside down, i use both betor & njb, of which both are usable either way. (this is on the rear though )
            I find definate improvement a certain way on both sets, so i`m glad i`m not on my own....
            As for your set dick, i think you may have a high psi problem, pie & sausage intake....

Comment

Front Shocks

Things may have changed but I distinctly remember Norman Blakemore telling me that the shocks work properly in one direction only, that direction depending on which of his shocks you bought. Might be worth asking Norman.

Druid

Comment

Working...
              X