MCS Rear Sprocket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MCS Rear Sprocket

Hi just wodering if anyone knows where to source a rear sprocket for my MCS its 11 1/4 wide, 7 1/2 centre hole, 70 teeth, 5 bolt holes and 1/2 from tooth to tooth, well what teeth are left!!!
    cheers Dave
    Attached Files

Sprocket supplier

Try these people http://www.sprocketsunlimited.com/

Comment

Sprocket Manufacture

I've used B&C Express over the years for all my rear sprockets. They'll want your old one as a sample. Tel:01522-791369.
      Ignore the website, modern stuff, just phone them up and ask if they'll make you one up to your sample...........

Comment

Grumph sprocket

Sprockets unlimited made a nice one for the Grumph

Comment

Thanks

Once again thanks again for the info, will let you know how I get on
          Ta Dave

Comment

Supersprox

Came accross this company on Google, Supersprox in Prague http://www.supersprox.com/eshop/contact_us.php.
            I wonder if they have any connection with the UK company of that name that was run by the late Roger Maughfling in the 1970's at Knucklas, Powys, Brian (Catt) you will remember Roger as he was also involved in course marking for the Welsh 2 Days.
            From their web site this company dont look to be offering the bespoke one off service that Roger offered back then, in fact I think he had cornered the market at that time. Maybe the Prague company have just pinched the name.
            Last edited by John Wakefield; 27/03/2013, 09:50 AM. Reason: extra info & spelling correction

Comment

John, I remember Roger only too well! During his tenure as Clerk of the Course, I worked under him doing Route-marking, as you said, but and this was a big BUT>>>you never knew what was around the corner when doing this job.
              I arrived at Knucklas on my way down to Llandrindod and was immediately put to work rebuilding a Land Rover that Roger had been using for course investigations. Once I had straightened a few things out and put on a new exhaust back box, we had to deliver it back to it's owner.
              Another "adventure" was to go back to the works from LLandod to collect a "caravan". Well it was probably over the legal length and had dubious tyres and towed very badly. Behind my old Volvo Estate, we made a heady 30mph with this thing swinging wildly about behind us.
              Then came the problems of marking on bits of the route that were assumed to be the same as last year, but were definitely not!
              At least under Roger we had our B and B paid, not usually seen under certain other Clerks!
              I know Roger's son took on the business,and tried to re-locate to the USA, whether this is him now in the wild East, I have no idea.

Comment

Roger Maughfling Engineering / Supersprox

Originally posted by Brian Catt View Post
                John, I remember Roger only too well! During his tenure as Clerk of the Course, I worked under him doing Route-marking, as you said, but and this was a big BUT>>>you never knew what was around the corner when doing this job.
                I arrived at Knucklas on my way down to Llandrindod and was immediately put to work rebuilding a Land Rover that Roger had been using for course investigations. Once I had straightened a few things out and put on a new exhaust back box, we had to deliver it back to it's owner.
                Another "adventure" was to go back to the works from LLandod to collect a "caravan". Well it was probably over the legal length and had dubious tyres and towed very badly. Behind my old Volvo Estate, we made a heady 30mph with this thing swinging wildly about behind us.
                Then came the problems of marking on bits of the route that were assumed to be the same as last year, but were definitely not!
                At least under Roger we had our B and B paid, not usually seen under certain other Clerks!
                I know Roger's son took on the business,and tried to re-locate to the USA, whether this is him now in the wild East, I have no idea.
                I assume this is David Maughfling according to this link http://company-director-check.co.uk/director/902309849 he is now in the Ukraine, Roger Maughfling Engineering has been wound up but he is still the director of another company UCU Ltd listed as being at Yew Tree House, Pant, Oswestry
                UCU Limited is an Active business incorporated in England & Wales on 23rd December 2010. Their business activity is recorded as Wholesale Trade Of Motor Vehicle Parts And Accessories. UCU Limited is run by 1 current members. and 1 company secretary. 1 shareholders own the total shares within the company. It is not part of a group.
                Last edited by John Wakefield; 27/03/2013, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Supersprox

I have received the following reply from Supersprox in Prague, looks like they welcome enquiries from the UK

Hello John,
                  Thank you for your mail.
                  We are the Supersprox company, which was based in UK back then. Now we are located in Prague, Czech republic, and we also have a production factory in Ukraine, Zhitomyr.
                  Our boss is Mr. David Jason Maughling, son of the original owner who established Supersprox.
                  If you would like to know more details about our company or Supersprox products, please let me know. I am happy to assist you.
                  Best Regards
                  Zuzana Radova
                  Deputy Sales Manager
                  Supersprox a.s.
                  Tel.: +420 284 812 372
                  Fax.: +420 266 311 171
                  E-mail: zuzana@supersprox.cz

Comment

Supersprox

Originally posted by John Wakefield View Post
                    I have received the following reply from Supersprox in Prague, looks like they welcome enquiries from the UK

Hello John,
                    Thank you for your mail.
                    We are the Supersprox company, which was based in UK back then. Now we are located in Prague, Czech republic, and we also have a production factory in Ukraine, Zhitomyr.
                    Our boss is Mr. David Jason Maughling, son of the original owner who established Supersprox.
                    If you would like to know more details about our company or Supersprox products, please let me know. I am happy to assist you.
                    Best Regards
                    Zuzana Radova
                    Deputy Sales Manager
                    Supersprox a.s.
                    Tel.: +420 284 812 372
                    Fax.: +420 266 311 171
                    E-mail: zuzana@supersprox.cz
                    I have had a further email from Zuzana Radova & she welcomes enquiries from GRA members. May be worth a quote as manufacturing costs in the Ukraine are lower than in the UK.

Comment

Working...
                    X