Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MX3 gearbox sprocket

Hi all,
    help, am looking for a 17 tooth 5 spline gearbox sprocket for my MX3, have tried all the likely suspects, Villiers services, Greeves M/C ect to no avail, any help out there.

Have you tried Frank Conley in California, he has most Greeves parts.

Talon Engineering in Yeovil may have one in stock or will be able to make one for you but it won't be cheap.
    John A - 268

Comment

Originally posted by Marley Peter View Post
      Hi all,
      help, am looking for a 17 tooth 5 spline gearbox sprocket for my MX3, have tried all the likely suspects, Villiers services, Greeves M/C ect to no avail, any help out there.
      Hi Peter,

You might have trouble getting a 17 tooth 5-spline sprocket in the original chain size, unless you get Talon or someone similar to make one. The standard was 15 teeth.

If you go to a 520 chain, the standard size is 13 teeth. If you want something larger, you might be able to use an Enfield sprocket(4-speed), which is available in many sizes.

Terry Sewell does sprockets in standard sizes, I just bought one from him for my 360. Made by Talon.

Cheers,
      Andrew

Comment

Have you tried these guys? http://nfieldgear.com/enfield-store/...shaft+sprocket

As Andrew points out that these sprockets are for a 530 chain whereas mine is a 428 I think (same as Villiers).

Just wondered what you used as I am thinking of doing the same mod to my MX2 so I can do more enduro and road work. Thanks Paul
        Last edited by pgc40; 10/11/2012, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Hitchcock's will also have them.

Royal Enfield independent suppliers of spares, performance parts and accessories for Indian 350cc & 500cc Bullets & Redditch Models

Never tried an Enfield sprocket on a Challenger but then they are both Albion from the same era.

Comment

MX3 sprockets

Hi,

I have just had a batch made for the challenger, as you might know they are different frome griffons.
            In stock I have 17T 428 and 15T 428 and also 520. Look on my Web site.

TDS Classic Off Road Motorcycles spares and accessories. Your one stop shop for everything Pre 65 Classic Off Road Motorcycles including engine parts, mudguards, frame accessories, engine parts for BSA, Greeves, Norton, Villiers, griffon engines, amal carburettors, clothes, boots, helmets, gloves, handlebars.

All the best Terry Sewell ( TDS Services )

Comment

Working...
            X