Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Griffon 54T Rear Sprocket-anyone know a source?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Griffon 54T Rear Sprocket-anyone know a source?

Hi All - I am looking for a new Griffon Sprocket - and my Dad just got quoted £100 for one by Talon presumably as a one off..........any body have access to a replacement offset type sprocket? - or indeed know whether I can just fit a standard sprocket with Spacers to match the offset?
    Can't remember whether Terry @ TDS was getting some made up
    Cheers Kim

Sprockets

Might be worth giving these people a ring Sprockets Unlimited http://www.sprocketsunlimited.com/Index.html

Comment

Originally posted by Kim275 View Post
      Hi All - I am looking for a new Griffon Sprocket - and my Dad just got quoted £100 for one by Talon presumably as a one off..........any body have access to a replacement offset type sprocket? - or indeed know whether I can just fit a standard sprocket with Spacers to match the offset?
      Cheers Kim
      Hi Kim,

We have them made over here with the proper offset. For the weight, shipping would not be too bad I would think. Send me a PM and I'll give you a contact name. The sprockets are first class.

Regards,
      Kenny

Comment

Hi Kim,

Last time I spoke to Terry he had a couple of sprockets in his van. That was a few months ago though, but worth checking.
        They were made by Talon, very nicely, with the correct offset. They were not £100 though!

Cheers,
        Andrew

Originally posted by Kim275 View Post
        Cheers Kim
        Last edited by Andy Z; 28/02/2012, 06:06 PM. Reason: more info added

Comment

Try B&C Express in Lincolnshire.
          Had lots of 'one-off' sprockets made by these guy's, normal turn-around within 7 days. Less than half the price Talon quoted in your post including shipping for a MX4 sprocket I had done last year.
          it is preferable to send them an old sprocket for them to use for mounting bolt hole location and diameter of centre hole.
          Don't forget to ask them to put in lots of pretty lightening holes.....

Comment

Thanks for the input guys - really helpful

Will follow up on these leads - Cheers Kim

Comment

The last sprocket I bought for my MX4 Challenger was a 520 x 54T from Talon, it cost £44 copied from the old one. That was a year ago.
              John A - 268

Comment

Working...
              X