Greeves Scottish 9E engined gear lever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greeves Scottish 9E engined gear lever

Looking through a number of photos of Greeves I have seen a gear change lever which has a toe and heel setup for the lever. The heel part is horizonal to the gear change shaft but the toe part is longer and is on a higher plain due to a bend being put in the toe part of the shaft - am I making this clear ? Does anyone have one for sale or can suggest where I might source one

Ron, I don't think this style of lever came out as production until later, my guess is about the time of the Anglian. Quite a number of people adopted this style due to the ease of use.

Comment

Get the hacksaw and the welder out and make yourself one from the Villiers item. That way it comes out just as you want it.
      Colin Sparrow

Comment

greeves scottish 9e gear lever

A rocking pedal is ok, but be warned if you use this in a trial with a lot of rocky streams , there is a chance that this being low can catch and at best snap, and worse it does not do the box a lot of good either.
        I lost one this year at the Bonanza trial and then put a long lever pointing upwards, but intend to cut and weld on a folding sprung end to avoid this !

Comment

Working...
        X