Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Villiers Parkinson conversion.

Hi,

I have a Parkinson conversion on a 9E. I'm pretty sure most of the earlier alloy conversions used the same barrel for both trials and scrambles but had different heads, carbs and exhausts.
    The bike, a Hawkstone, has been used most recently for trials and has a one and a quarter inch inlet port fitted with a 15/16ths cast iron manifold with a Villiers carb.

I wonder if anyone could identify whether this is a trials or scrambles head please?.

Regards,
    George.
    Attached Files

I write the most confusing garbage whenever my fingers get near a computer keyboard don't I. (Oh well I know what I mean)!

What I mean is I have a Villiers engine, number on inner chaincase starts 059D, which I know doesn't mean very much, fitted with a Parkinson 250cc barrel and head. I just wondered if anyone could recognise the original intended use for this head from the size and shape of the squish band. As it isn't a full squish band but angles into the combustion chamber I assume it's a trials head, but no worries I'll get to work with the burette and find out.

I just mentioned the diameter of the inlet port in connection with my belief that the alloy barrels in such conversions tended to be dual purpose,as I think the Marcelles were, with the heads, carbs and exhausts being different for each application.

Incidentally, it's close on 50 years since I last scrambled a Hawkstone, I'd forgotten just how tiny they were.

Comment

Working...
    X