Contact Breaker Points Conversions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contact Breaker Points Conversions.

Pete Savage does a contact breaker points conversion for A series Villiers singles & the 2,3 & 4T twins. I have fitted a set to my East Coaster & they work well, better starting, smoother running & cheap replacement points at around £3 a set (from any car spares shop, VW/Ford type) instead of £15 for 'pattern' Villiers

Have also fitted these to my 4T engined East Coaster.Makes life easier but have not found any other benefits,as yet.

Comment

I too have fitted a points conversion to my Anglian. I use a jap coil with Ford Fiesta points. They do not wear out and require adjusting every five minutes. There is minimal sparking across the gap and they have a stronger spring so retain the dwell angle at higher rpm. I have had no problems whatsoever and would recommend the conversion. I have a spark I can weld off. The bike starts and runs much better particularly at low rpm.

Comment

Points.

I assume Frank you have replaced points with standard Villiers ones but you may like to know that Pete Savage p.savage56@btinternet.com does a nice points conversion for Villiers twins & singles with precision engineered back plate (you only need to set timing on one cylinder & the other is automatically set) which use standard car type points readily available from car shops at around £3 each (Villiers (pattern ones) are I believe £7.50 each.
        The cost of Petes conversion for twins is £32, & most owners (myself included) report smoother running & better starting

Comment

Sounds good

Thanks, John. I'll check this one out.

Comment

Working...
          X