Sid James

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To cut, or not to cut?

Some interseting points raised about cutting up our heritage to accomodate bigger/better? engines.

Personally, I have never had any pangs of guilt about cutting and altering any frame. Least of all a Pathfinder. Triumph made some pretty good engines in their time. But I never heard anyone complain about the frames and wheels that were sumarily despatched to the scrap heap. Unloved and un-wanted.

Similarly, Villiers engines were discarded by special builders searching for something better. Even Greeves threw away heads and barrels by the skip full.

Pnil

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Hyde View Post
      Triumph made some pretty good engines in their time. But I never heard anyone complain about the frames and wheels that were sumarily despatched to the scrap heap. Unloved and un-wanted. Phil
      Yes, but Triumph made an awful lot more bikes than Greeves ever did, so by comparison Triumph frames are a lot more plentiful and therefore more expendable.

Never mind, when push comes to shove if it's your bike you can do what you like with it, but there's no harm in thinking it over before you start cutting.
      Colin Sparrow

Comment

Working...
      X