Villiers 2t piston clearance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Villiers 2t piston clearance

Does anyone know the correct clearance between piston and bore on a Villiers 2t twin engine?
    Also what is the correct ring gap when the piston is in the barrel.

2T piston clearance

Hi Graham, I have been waiting to hear the answer to your question but no replies! This will bump your question up again. As for ring clearance Hepolite say 3 thou per inch of bore for cast rings and 4 thou per inch of bore for chromium rings. I would get Simon at Nametab to do your boring as this is crucial to having a successful 2T...John.

Comment

Thanks John, that ties up pretty well with other information I've gleaned on the internet. It also seems that 5 thou piston to bore clearance is what is needed for road use, and 6 thou for racing, but I have no definitive confirmation of this.
      I did email Nametab Engineering for help as many people on this forum speak highly of them, but I got no reply. I haven't chased them as midway through a lovely run last Sunday the beast started misfiring again on the left hand cylinder, looks like the same condenser I replaced 50 miles ago from Villiers Services has gone again. Dave Pink is going to send me a good one with any luck.

Comment

Replacement condenser received from Dave Pink. Misfire gone, running well. Thanks Dave.

Comment

Working...
        X