No announcement yet.

Pathfinder Engine Rebuilds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miight not Silvesters have or know off a mechanic who knows them, having said that I have rebuilt several 125 4 speeds without much problem, only put the main oilseals in the wrong way once

Comment

PathMaker

My friend got tired of hunting Puch ignition parts for his Pathfinder, so he borrowed my Trials specification Starmaker motor and fitted it. I wonder if Greeves considered this combo, when the 37A motors dried up?
      Dan Vitaletti

Comment

Puch Pathfinder Engine

Like Druid I went on the Puch engine course held in Nottingham when the Pathfinder came out. One of the lads on the course was one of the Edmonson boys from Yorkshire (Trials and enduro riders) My main memory was of the masses of shims that had be conjured with on the gear box. I was so glad I never had to do one as all the ones we sold were mostly trouble free, except for some ignition problems, that bloody thyristor box in a baked been can!!! John P.

Comment

Pathfinder engine rebuild

John,
          Rifle Green went on the Pathfinder course not I. I have taken them apart to replace draw keys etc, not too problematic but you do need a modicum of "make do and mend" when it comes to special tools. I think I got RifleGreen's fancy bearing pullers but I don't where they are.

Druid

Comment

Pathfiner Engines

Sorry Druid I must have misread the posting. I did go to Greeves with a dodgy Pathfinder and Riflegreen played around with it one Wednesday afternoon. A long time ago alas...John P.

Comment

Working...
            X