Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Villiers 34a-Clutch adjustment bolt thread type?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Villiers 34a-Clutch adjustment bolt thread type?

Hello Need tread form type for 34A clutch adjustment bolt. Need to make a tool to remove clutch and need thread form type. Thanks Gene Shatrowsky

Hi Gene ,

I believe the thread is 26tpi cycle thread .

Chris

Comment

I'm intrigued to know, Gene, how will this help you to remove the clutch, please? It normally comes apart after unscrewing the outer "nut" with a pegged spanner, then undoing the nut on the gearbox shaft..............or is my 34A clutch different to the norm?

Comment

Thread size

Hello You are correct,but I am making a bolt on tool so I can remove the clutch.It is a little safer I M O. Thanks

Comment

I bought my clutch tools from Villiers Services. They are well made and reasonably priced.
          Villiers Services : - Tools / Workshop Accessories Villiers Parts Motorcycles for sale General motorcycle spares Oils / Paint / Consumables Diecast Models Brake Shoe Re-Lining Service Gift Vouchers Trials Parts Amc Two Stroke (James/ Barnett) Greeves Spares Helmets / Clothes etc ecommerce, open source, shop, online shopping, store
          John A - 268

Comment

Me, too, John-boy. Thoroughly recommended.

See you at Marks Tey?

John R

Comment

Sorry, Gene, I meant to add to my last post (but was too keen to catch up with my old scrambling buddy) that I do see what you're getting at, and it does seem a good idea to me, too. Would be interested to see the finished article - it should leave a hand, or a few fingers at least, free and should save the inevitable slippage of the extraction tools!

Good luck!

John R

Comment

34a

Hello and Thanks to all who took the time to answer. Having a small lathe and having a lot of time and short on cash,I have decided to make a tool myself. Also I am getting some practice time on the Lathe. Next up a Crankshaft for same engine.

Comment

Originally posted by johnrunnacles View Post
                  Me, too, John-boy. Thoroughly recommended.

See you at Marks Tey?

John R
                  Hi John

I shall be there, my first ride of 2012.

Hopefully the weather will be better.
                  John A - 268

Comment

Working...
                  X