Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Villiers Carby-which one for a TCS?

Which carby to use on my 24TCS????
    During its 6 years of road registeration only, I used a 7/8 S25 villiers carby.
    I dont know why, but it may have been, due to an old article I may have read in a classic bike mag, on a road registered road Greeves with a 32A motor, using the 7/8 carby for better fuel economy.
    Villiers S25 with a 7/8 bore
    120 main jet
    35 pilot jet
    No 3 1/2 needle 50mm out
    No 3 throttle
    Now with all the road gear off and being used for Trials only, will the 7/8 be ok.
    I ran it up my drive way a few days ago and when I opened the throttle quickly it stalled. closing the throttle allowed the motor to catch up, so a 140 main jet added solved the problem, but I think its to big so will play around a bit with other jets.
    I have jet from 120 to 140 in steps of 5.
    I had machined a S25 to 1 inch bore, which I have had on the bike. I can make a No 4 throttle by shaving off an 1/8 if my memory is right, from the No 3 cutaway.
    But I am a novice after not riding for 16 years, so would the carby size make that much difference ????????
    looking forward to your thoughts and comments.

whitehillbillies

Originally posted by whitehillbillies View Post
    Which carby to use on my 24TCS????
    During its 6 years of road registeration only, I used a 7/8 S25 villiers carby.
    I dont know why, but it may have been, due to an old article I may have read in a classic bike mag, on a road registered road Greeves with a 32A motor, using the 7/8 carby for better fuel economy.
    Villiers S25 with a 7/8 bore
    120 main jet
    35 pilot jet
    No 3 1/2 needle 50mm out
    No 3 throttle
    Now with all the road gear off and being used for Trials only, will the 7/8 be ok.
    I ran it up my drive way a few days ago and when I opened the throttle quickly it stalled. closing the throttle allowed the motor to catch up, so a 140 main jet added solved the problem, but I think its to big so will play around a bit with other jets.
    I have jet from 120 to 140 in steps of 5.
    I had machined a S25 to 1 inch bore, which I have had on the bike. I can make a No 4 throttle by shaving off an 1/8 if my memory is right, from the No 3 cutaway.
    But I am a novice after not riding for 16 years, so would the carby size make that much difference ????????
    looking forward to your thoughts and comments.

whitehillbillies
    whitehillbillies, Join the GRA and I am sure members will be willing to give the info you require.

Comment

Working...
    X