Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Villiers Woodruf Key-Help Needed!! (Cambs area.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Villiers Woodruf Key-Help Needed!! (Cambs area.)

Hi all
    I am hoping to ride out to the cambridge section meeting on my '59 Scottish next Thursday. Unfortunately, the woodruf key broke and Villiers services and NVT are being a bit er..'slow' . Can anybody in the Ely/cambs area who may be reading this help ?.
    I can be contacted on 07860 530204 or simply reply to this posting and I'll phone you.

Paul Vincent

Hi, I hope that by now someone had sent you a PM offering to help! If not it might be worth giving Simon Bateman a ring at Nametab Engineering, he is usually very responsive - 01527 522266. Good luck, hope you make it to the meeting.

Comment

Adrian ,

I'm sure I saw a message from JW saying he had a key if it helped but that message seems to have vanished .

Or I imagined it .

Chris

Comment

JW's deleted message on this thread.

Hi Chris,

No, you didn't imagine it mate. JW did post a response, but I noticed he later deleted it, for some reason....

Whenever a member deletes one of their posts, there are two options that can be selected by them; 'soft' or 'hard' delete. 'Soft' deletion removes the post from view but leaves a notification that the post is there should the poster (or forum moderator) wish to repost it, or 'manage' the post in some other way. 'Hard' deletion removes the post completely from the forum.

To keep things tidy on here, after a post has been deleted by a member (for whatever reason), and after a reasonable time has gone by and the post hasn't been reinstated/reposted, I usually (but not always) 'hard' delete it and get rid. I only do this after the member has deleted a post themselves, and on the assumption that this was the intention and 'soft' deletion was probably selected by them by mistake.

On occassion, it's useful from a moderation point of view to leave a post 'soft' deleted as it may well be reinstated at some point due to the type of information it contains. For more 'day to day' posts, they are often deleted by the poster if they are suddenly made redundant for some reason, or where posted in error or perhaps as a 'duplicate' of another identical post and therefore surplus to requirements.

Hope this clarifies.

Brian.
        Last edited by Brian Thompson; 16/04/2012, 09:57 AM.

Comment

Brian ,

Thanks for the explanation , not as mad as I thought I was .

Chris

Comment

Clarification on deleted post.

My pleasure mate.

Have no fear Chris! After all, it's just me that needs a weekly 'session' with the care in the community team!....

There's the van arriving now...

Brian.

Comment

woodruff key

Have sent him a key, thats why I deleted the post. Sorry I did not give a reason.

Comment

Clarification on deleted post.

No problem at all John. I'd thought that to be the case or you wouldn't have deleted it yourself, and it was fairly obvious from the contents as to why you had.

I wouldn't 'hard' delete (i.e. 'physically remove') any post that has been 'soft' deleted by a member if there was any doubt.

Brian.

Comment

woodruff key

Lets hope he gets it in time (he gave me the wrong post code) Looking at a pic 259 XUU posted some time ago it looks a nice bike with original (expensive) original trials lights. The meeting is at our usual watering hole, The Hoops this Thursday from 7.30pm onwards.

Comment

Working...
                  X