No announcement yet.

1966 Anglian-engine vibration problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1966 Anglian-engine vibration problem.

I have just finished the restoration of the Anglian back to showroom condition.But when I started it up for he first time there was a lot of vibration present.Crankshaft & big end bearings seem Ok and when I clocked the flywheel in place on the crankshaft I only got .004" out of true.
    Does any one have any thoughts?
    Weggy

Hi Weggy ,

Did you fit new bearings & big end ? , are the gearbox bearings OK ? , Main bearings are the usual cause of vibration .

Can you PM me your frame number for the Anglian dtabase .

Cheers , Chris

Comment

1966 Anglian

Hi Riflegreen
      I notice from the manual that the end float between the webs & con rod should be no more than .005" It appears I have more than that though I am not at home but will measure on return
      Weggy

Comment

!966 Anglian.

I posted the above thread sometime ago re vibration problems on the first run of my restored Anglian.The problem turned out to be a previously modified crankshaft plus an out of balance flywheel. Once these two items were changed it now runs fine. It has now passed its MOT and is taxed & on the road.
        Next project???
        Weggy
        Last edited by Brian Thompson; 09/06/2012, 12:37 PM. Reason: Last post (posted as new thread) merged with original thread here.

Comment

Working...
        X