Piston for a Parkinson Barrel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Piston for a Parkinson Barrel

Hi I am Jim Bell and have just joined this forum.
    I have a Scottish which I wobble and dabble through pre65 trials.
    It had a Parkinson barrel (of the late Ron Parkinson manufacture of Marks Tey) and now needs a rebore and piston. But I need to know what type of piston is used. All I know is the one I have is a Heplex and seems to have similar dimensions to the Villers except the gudgeon pin to crown height is about half inch less. Any ideas please?
    Last edited by Jim Bell; 11/10/2011, 12:03 PM.

Hi jim I am not familiar with the parkinson barrel . I get all of my replacement pistons from simon bateman Nametab eng . He is worth a shout . Any other ideas from other GRA members ?
    Cheers Kim

Comment

Thanks Kim, I will ask him, regards, Jim

Comment

Hi Jim, I'm pretty sure from what you describe and the information I have that the pistons used in the Parkinson Barrel were from the Vale Onslow conversions as fitted to 197 9E's in the late fifties. I run one on my Hawkstone still! There are still a few about! I'll send you some info via a PM.

Comment

Thanks Adrian, look forward to some info, I am new conversations in a forum, what is a PM ?!!! Regards, Jim

Comment

It is a Private Mail. A bit like an e-mail, but done via the Forum. The Private Messages link is in the top right hand side of the screen just under the Union Jack.

Comment

Thanks for that Brian, good to see you last weekend, hope you enjoyed the occasion. Jim, if you are having a problem with Private messages then by all means just give me a call on 01394 276361 so we can chat further, if you wish.

Comment

Adrian, yes it was a good meeting, shame about the injuries. I'm just going through the pics to build the individual competitor's files, and there seems to be an anomaly. Did Rob use your bike at Marks Tay?

Comment

Hi Brian, you are far too observant, indeed Rob did ride my bike at Marks Tey. His own having thrown a problem after practise, I'd already elected not to ride and marshal instead, so it seemed like the decent thing to do. Apologies for any confusion caused! Thankfully the lap scorers spotted it also and Rob recorded his first Pre60 championship points of the season!

Comment

Thanks Brian, found it

Comment

Thanks Adrian, Current piston is +0.15" but I can just get a .010" feeler guage between skirt and bore. Luckily I have a 32A Villiers barrel and piston in use so not desparate.

Comment

Working...
                      X