Decompressor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decompressor

I’ve finally managed to remove the decompressor valve having soaked the head for a week. I’ve tried to clean it, however really it needs stripping apart. Is this possible? The reason is as soon as I put it back in and you kick it over it makes a tweet sound
    as though it’s leaking. It’s an odd size not a normal plug size thread etc, if not possible to strip can you still get them? I’ve emptied Gary.
    thanks for all your ongoing support to this Greeves/villiers newbie

Put the original head back on, a de-compressor has no real use on a trials bike, although some riders used them for engine breaking in sections, they were also used on the Bond Minicar and vehicles fitted with a Siba Dynastart to reduce load on starter motor.

Comment

Unfortunately John the original head is a 200 hence why I got a 250, I’ve had conflicting advice re decompressors some swear by them, especially in low speed descents.

Comment

Villiers services do a blanking plug but its expensive at ?23 plus vat and postage https://villiersservices.co.uk/produ...pressor-blank/ but probably cheaper that finding a good de compressor plus cable and operating lever.

Comment

Same as fitted to my RE350 bullet I believe?
          decompressor - Mickey Spares

whitehillbilly​

Comment

They help prevent the engine from stalling and locking up the back wheel in slow speed slippery descents.Greeves never fitted them on their ali top ends, though.

Comment

That’s interesting as I’ve measured mine and it’s 17 mm so the Enfield one doesn’t fit, (I know it’ll be imperial). I may get the head machined and get one fitted. TBH down hill I deffo need it in tricky sections, trying to balance braking, clutch etc without one is a challenge for one with little talent such as myself.

Comment

Working...
              X