Ring ring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ring ring

Hi all, yet another question.. My challenger piston does not have ring pegs so I was chasing advice on location of gaps. What I have so far is 4 and 8 o'clock on the inlet side. I think this is mainly to stop them hooking up when the barrel goes back on. Any/all thoughts appreciated.

I have never seen 2-sroke pistons without ring pegs. Just because you position the rings with the gaps spaced where the pegs would normally be doesn't mean they are going to stay in that orientation. I am open to other opinions but I wouldn't start up a 2-stroke without pegged rings.
    Stan

Comment

Like Stan and for probably as long I have never known a two stroke piston not fitted with ring pegs. As Stan says they will rotate during running and eventually break in the ports.

Comment

It probably wouldn't take too long to do that, either! You may want to have a word with the piston supplier.

Comment

I've used roll pins when I have relocated ones when fitting pistons into bores which did not belong

Comment

Thanks all..advice appreciated.
            They were however there all along..
            A combination of bad eyesight and some form of hardened sixties protective coating had rendered them invisible to this humans eye!
            In my own defence tho they are petty small.....right?

Comment

Need to go to Spec Savers

Comment

Working...
              X