New Greeves cylinders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Greeves cylinders

There are some brand new Greeves cylinders being made, and apparently they have turned out very well indeed!

Any idea how many ports they have?
    John A - 268

Comment

These are direct copys of the stock Greeves part, and will be available for sale in due course. Someone has had some 8 port cylinders made for trials applications though, but I doubt very much whether they will ever be on general sale.

Comment

Hi - note that under AMCA rules (and also therefore Greeves Championship) - we arn't allowed to change the port configuration (dimensions yes - although that is risky ).

On My 380 QUB - my exhaust port bridge cracked last year - and Simon Bateman (Nametab) - re-manufactured from modern cast iron - a new liner - back to original bore and port specification. cost about £150. He also has a batch of new 380 Pistons. (Stormer recommended them) CAst not forged - but good quality racing pistons and should be much more reliable than the Dykes ringed Hepolite originals.
        Overall this rescued my barrel - and has improved the performance and reliability.

Comment

Alloy cylinders for 3T

I believe Simon Bateman is also manufacturing alloy cylinders for the Villiers 3T

Comment

At the risk of people thinking I am trying to drum up a bit of discount for my next purchase Simon is the man , he understands what is required to make our old 2strokes go.

Comment

Hi Stormer,
              Don't think Simon understands the word discount - /i agree he is definately the man for our old 2-strokes.

He will soon be getting some forged racing pistons made up for 250's (70mm barrel) - suitable for 250 Griffon's - which will improve the Hepolite/Dykes ringed originals.
              Cheers Kim

Comment

new barrels

lets have some pictures !

gary

Comment

Originally posted by Kim275 View Post
                  Hi Stormer,
                  Don't think Simon understands the word discount - /i agree he is definately the man for our old 2-strokes.

He will soon be getting some forged racing pistons made up for 250's (70mm barrel) - suitable for 250 Griffon's - which will improve the Hepolite/Dykes ringed originals.
                  Cheers Kim
                  Hi Kim.

I'll raise my glass to this!

Sounds like what Wade needed in the day!

Kenny Sykes

Comment

Spot on there Kenny...........Wade flew up to the point of a cracked Dykes ring .........my 250 Barrel is ready - and my new pistons will be with me next week - I can't wait to throw it all together and test it out !!
                    Will post some pictures when I get them
                    Cheers Kim

Comment

Working...
                    X