No announcement yet.

Griffon Clutch shaft - how much slack?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Griffon Clutch shaft - how much slack?

Hi Guys - just checking over the Griffon and noticed a lot of lateral play in the clutch shaft. Have tightened up the nut on the RHS (the LH threaded one) - but how much tolerance/slack should I leave?

Also there is play in my clutch basket - which I thought was die to the clutch shaft - but was still there when I tightened. not sure how to cure.....
    Cheers Kim

Kim as the bearing n the inner right hand cover is an interferance , there should be no movement in the sahft once nut is tightened .

How much play in the clutch bearing ? , could just be a worn bearing .

Chris

Comment

Hi Chris . No play in bearing it is brand new. It is like the clutch spacer doesn't locate accurately - the first one that goes on the shaft before the clutch basket. This box is a 6 spline cheers Kim

Comment

Could be that this is a replacement shaft? Or the spacer is worn ? I put it all back as I am racing Owlesbury next weekend Graham Noyce meet cheers Kim

Comment

Looks like Owlesbury is cancelled Kim

Comment

Hi Stormer yes - got a text from Hannah......very disappointing as I was really looking forward to it!!

Comment

It seems a lot of events are suffering from the amount of rain we have had over the last few days, payback for the dry spell, I suppose! Just hope it gets clear by Stebbing.

Comment

Water

Hi Kim & Stormer,

Why are all these events cancelled due to a bit of water? I don't remember ever having an enduro cancelled due to flooding, it just added to the challenge!
                Maybe there are land damage issues?

Cheers,
                Andrew

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Z View Post
                  Hi Kim & Stormer,

Why are all these events cancelled due to a bit of water? I don't remember ever having an enduro cancelled due to flooding, it just added to the challenge!
                  Maybe there are land damage issues?

Cheers,
                  Andrew
                  Isn't there a water crossing at Stebbing? I hope that's not cancelled too!!!

Comment

I think the approach and parking areas are the main worry to many events.

Comment

Brian I think you could be right . Owlesbury is on a rather large farm and am sure the pits would ruin some nice grazing . The track is on a chalk down so would have thought it was rideable . Last year was dry ..... it's a big event s well so must be tough on Winchester MCc who do a fantastic job .

Fingers crossed Stebbng water crossing stays crossable without need for a ferry or amphibious conversions ..... Although am sure Terry will have em on sale at the TDS stand
                      Cheers Kim

Comment

Working...
                      X