Griffon gearbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Griffon gearbox

Hi, this request is of an urgent nature, the kick start mechanism has started to slip on my griffon, stripping it now, but can`t undo the mainshaft nut, can anyone confirm that it is a left handed thread as i think it could be.
    Also is the kick start mechanism a spring loaded pawl & rachet affair, if so & its u/s where can i get a replacement asap.
    Anyone got any exploded view g/box pictures, any info greatly recieved, dave.

Yes it is left handed & i need the kick start pawl, where can i get one? geoff nun? dave.

Comment

Almost definitely, Geoff Nunn, Dave. Always first port of call for Greeves gearbox solutions.

Regards,

John R

Comment

Thanks john, but i didn`t know how to get hold of him, luckily simon bateman had the parts i needed, so alls well, but prehaps the gra could put some facilty on the forum to hold contact details of the type of traders, engineers etc, that members may need to contact.
        Something that people can add to after using their services, i reckon there must be quite a few good companies out there that, that do a first rate job, but are known only to a few, just a thought. dave.

Comment

[QUOTE=dave higgins;8043] prehaps the gra could put some facilty on the forum to hold contact details of the type of traders, engineers etc, that members may need to contact.
          [QUOTE]

There already is a thread Dave Links & Resources. Just post them there

Comment

Not really what i meant john, a quick glance index of who sells & does what, was what i was trying to get at, if you posted this info into links & resources under separate threads, you would never be able find it. dave.

Comment

I'm sure I could have put you in touch with Geoff, Dave, possibly by way of a PM?
              Let me know if you need to contact him in future.

Regards,

John R

Comment

Griffon Gearbox

Hi Dave, glad to hear you're sorted on the spares front. I have an exploded view of the box and some instructions for assembling it, to help get the necessary end clearances between the sliding dogs etc. If they would be of any use, I'll happily photocopy them and send through.
                Incidentally do you fancy coming up to Maylandsea for the Bank holiday weekend and joining in there. It should suit you the track is between the high and low water mark, next to the Blackwater estuary, so a snorkle might be of use at certain times.

Comment

RNLI sponsorship?

Comment

Hi adrian, thanks for the offer, which i would like for future reference please, the box is back together now & i have just tested it, it has all three gears & sounds crisp...:
                    I spoke to s/bateman yesterday who advised me to set the timing at 5mm btdc, sounds sweet, but kick it right first time, i can still hear his voice " don`t worry, its got a built in retarder " as my knee shattered against the h/bars!!
                    Right, maylandsea, doesn`t that incorporate a round of the british bog snorkeling championship??, i`ll have to see if i can pursuade the thumper support team to travel that far, ( the missus & a collie ), when do the regs close. dave.

Comment

Working...
                    X