X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bent 36MX4 kickstart

Hi All,

I have a Terry Weedy kickstart on my 36MX4 - Weedy by name and weedy by nature I say, as since the last meeting at Marks Tey, its now bent!

Is there a better kickstart available, which fits properly, doesn't bend, and doesn't flap about in the breeze when going around corners?

I suspect I might know the answer to this question, but I continue to be an optimist!

Cheers,

Andrew

terry weedy

i brought a wheel for a mk2 qub when i got the wheel the brake shoes were missing and spindle so I personally dont have any dealings with him anymore
    Last edited by Brian Thompson; 11/06/2011, 12:26 AM. Reason: Behave yourself Garry, ok?! BT edits in bold, other text deleted/moderated.

Comment

Hi andy, i always speak as i find & have always found terry quite amicable, i`m sure he would rather replace it than suffer bad press.
      I have two weedy bsa kickstarts & they are tough as old boots, is it possible you had a bad one?. dave

Comment

Originally posted by dave higgins View Post
        Hi andy, i always speak as i find & have always found terry quite amicable, i`m sure he would rather replace it than suffer bad press.
        I have two weedy bsa kickstarts & they are tough as old boots, is it possible you had a bad one?. dave
        Hi Dave,

Unfortunately it came with the bike, although I may speak to Terry about it if I can't find another solution. I've always found him helpful and he has a good reputation - maybe Gary was unlucky?

Cheers,
        Andrew

Comment

terry weedy

I had a bad experience as i have no brake shoes i speak as i find ! i do find steve easy to deal with on villiers services thouh !
          Last edited by Brian Thompson; 12/06/2011, 08:27 PM. Reason: BT edit in bold-post moderated.

Comment

If Terry told you that the wheel came complete with brake shoes and spindle when you asked, and refused to do anything about it when you found the parts were missing, then there is some suggestion of dishonesty, so maybe you could clarify these points, as it seems unfair to accuse someone of behaving in this way with no real justification!
            Last edited by Brian Thompson; 11/06/2011, 12:31 AM. Reason: No names, no pack drill Norm, ok? BT edit in bold-post moderated.

Comment

Look its like this i have a wheel here new MK2 QUB and the shoes were there when me and my father saw the wheel (BONANZA SCRAMBLE) complete the pair of us DID.

terry and his friend so we walked away after my father phoned to say i wanted the wheel he asked specificaly that the brake shoes were there so he said yes its complete he would be at a scramble at callington "seven stones" my father used to race on that track so i met him and there were no brake shoes we asked he said no there were not any but the marks in the brake plate suggest diffrent so we never dealt with him again ever ! and what we heard is what you hear the parts were sub std so i make all our own !

greeves supplied assemblys when complete
              THE LAST 25 QUB MK2,s were taken apart for spares for the other 25 sold of total production run of 50 bikes

dunlop rim part number on rim MC196 (FOR ALL GREEVES)

I will take a photo for you of the wheel as good money was paid for it and there are more un happy people theres no aligation in my case theres proof !
              our collection of motorcycles are 72 bikes in number !

how long have you know terry weedy? how nieve are you when some one says they have a bent kickstart ! ;-)

Originally posted by 156trials View Post
              If Terry told you that the wheel came complete with brake shoes and spindle when you asked, and refused to do anything about it when you found the parts were missing, then there is some suggestion of dishonesty, so maybe you could clarify these points, as it seems unfair to accuse someone of behaving in this way (moderated/edited text by BT in bold) with no real justification!
              Last edited by Brian Thompson; 19/06/2011, 10:42 PM. Reason: Original quote moderated/edited text by BT in bold.

Comment

Don't rock the boat.....

Cool it lads, ok? This forum is NOT a platform for trade disputes of ANY kind. If you've got some sort of a problem TAKE IT UP WITH THE SUPPLIER!!!!!!!!!!!

We wouldn't want to start having to delete innappropriate posts again.......

Stuff like this would be better aired via PM's, but personally I'd take it all with a pinch of salt as I too 'speak as I find'.

Brian.

Comment

Working...
                X