Red tape trial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red tape trial

Hi all you mud larks and sand lovers,if you live in the South East how about entering this event or coming to watch it, Rob myself and lots of other Greeves riders have taken part over the years entering under Greeves Riders association.
    This is a great event organised by the CSMA Motorcycle section, and is a very easy, carefull sections event, even if it rains. we may have some entry forms on the stand at Kempton on Satuday, but to contact the Secretary direct here is the man you want. JOHN WARD ON 01344 428667 home, or Mobile 07880645970 E Mail RedTapeTrial@gmail.com
    The Location is at Bagshot Heath North. just off the M3 Map ref SU 900617.
    Enter the yellow route on the entry form for the easy route.

Now lets get on chaps get your entry in, Your Country and the GRA need you !!!
    Dicky Fhttp://www.greeves-riders.org.uk/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif

Red tape trial

Sorry chaps its on Sunday 1st February 2015.

Having another memory glitch

Comment

Yellow route? A bit unkind!

Comment

see you there Dick

Comment

Red Tape Trial

Great Tel, Glad you are coming lets hope that we get a good Greeves entry. Captain Mainwaring will have to get a wider lens for his camera or we will have to piggy back to get us all in

Comment

The way I hear you have been eating this Christmas Maximus, I will need the lens just for you! A whole week in the Isle of Wight in an 'eat as much as you can' establishment! Even the dog is now on remedial PT!

Great to hear from you Terry and I trust you have seen the plug I gave you in the Kempton Show report on the website.

The Red Tape has been an excellent trial in recent years with very sensible sections. Last year, the turnout was quite low, mainly due to the event not being very well advertised so this year the GRA is assisting in this. Further details and entry forms can be found on the website:

You can also enter via the ACU website and have until 24th January to do this. One point, the trial is organised by the Civil Service Motoring Association and being Civil Servants they are very hot on current ACU trials licences!

PLEASE PUT THE WORD AROUND!

Thanks,

Rob

Comment

hi dick it sounds like a great trial but it seems like they have missed including a sidecar glass, i will check with sec of the meeting if this is so i could enter as a solo and put the 56lb weight back in the chair, i wonder if they would let me . will

Comment

Red tape trial

Great Will, come and play, the more we have the more our Captain can joust at

Comment

I've entered on the assumption my gearbox will have 'normal service' restored next week. I've now got all the new bits I need, so reassembly can begin.

It was a bit of a bugger to arrive at the 1st section of the recent Mike Kemp trial and discover that 'neutral' was the only gear working! This after riding round the car park, up & down a few slopes and a lengthy ride to the start without any problem; if I was having a sly practice (well its 40+ yrs since I did any of this) I was properly punished, especially when the weather & ground conditions were near perfect. Whilst spectating I took a few photos of Capt Rob, one where he had a 'senior moment' the observer missed; maybe the observer also had a senior moment, or was overcome by style over substance?

Anyway despite this perculiarity, I have to sing his praises since he made me a new main shaft bush and a sandwich between am & pm lathe operations.
                  Last edited by hoveactually; 10/01/2015, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Red Tape Trial

I did hear that you had a lot of trouble with gear selection, lets hope the Captain will have his box sorted by then, He has a variety of routes when inspecting a section, the usual one is to run as fast as possible to the end cards and back again, on occasions he has been seen to look at the ground but this is forgotten by the time he passes the begins cards, I think it his Military training in the Cavalry, sword outstretched and a head down charge. tongue in cheek dickyhttp://www.greeves-riders.org.uk/forums/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

Comment

Dick - you obviously know him very well! Maybe its something to do with his Helmet???
                      Attached Files

Comment

Red tape trial

I first met Rob at my first AGM and did not realise that he lived local, i had an RBS and he sorted that out , and also ever since has done the same for me with other bikes, he is always ready to help anybody with a problem be it bikes or sorting out the drawings for the club, i dont know what the Club would be without his input and enthusiasm .

As he always does things at the gallop I thought that he should be promoted to the rank of Major. ( Galloping Major would be in order i think)

Comment

trials newbie question

This may not be the best place for this question, but are folding footrests a requirement for these types of trial?
                          I've just bought an old Scottish with has all its orginal features including the slippery solid footpegs!

Comment

Ouch

Andy

Folding foot rests are a must. That piece of solid bar is totally unforgiving as it catches your foot/ankle/leg (delete as appropriate). Even the very best riding boots will not save you.

Original solid foot rests are great for show and possibly for the most gentle of road riding.

Hope this helps

Phil

Comment

2015 ACU hand book, TSR8 Motorcycles: Footrests must be of folding type. Page 207

As from South Midland Trials Forum

Comment

Working...
                              X