Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fleetwing-drawings for battery box/tinware, reference pics etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fleetwing-drawings for battery box/tinware, reference pics etc.

i as any one got a factory drawing of a batery box for 1957 fleetwing pair shaped thanks spike

Factory drawings available to members from Rob. See page 41 latest Leading Link.
    Colin Sparrow

Comment

Hi Spike,

I've just acquired a 1958 Fleetwing with most of the tinware missing - if I find anything, I'll let you know.
      Rob is apparently a bit short on information for early Greeves roadsters.

AndyB

Comment

Originally posted by AndyB View Post
        Hi Spike,

I've just acquired a 1958 Fleetwing with most of the tinware missing - if I find anything, I'll let you know.
        Rob is apparently a bit short on information for early Greeves roadsters.

AndyB
        Hi Andy what tinware are you missing i may be able thanks spike

Comment

Hi Spike,

Most of it is missing!

I need the battery box / side panels, mudguards, and the headlamp shroud. Also a seat.

If you can help that would be great.

Thanks
          Andy

Comment

Fleetwing Pics.

Hi Spike/Andy,

Sadly, I can't offer you any tinware and I don't know much about these models, but I can chip in with some pics if they're of any use.

Interesting styling on these bikes, especially the battery box and headlamp brackets/shroud. Very individual and very 'Greeves', I like 'em!

Good luck with your projects!

Brian.

(Note; All pics show the 25D Fleetwing model apart from pics #2 and #5, which show the very similar 20D Fleetstar-included here mainly to show the battery box. Note tapered/friction damped forks on earlier bike in pic #5.)
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Brian Thompson; 10/06/2012, 05:55 PM. Reason: Pics attached.

Comment

Thanks for the pictures Brian - there are a couple there that I haven't seen.

I think it might be a long-term project!

Regards
              Andy

Comment

Fleetwing Pics.

Hi Andy,

My pleasure, and if I find anything else Fleetwing related I'll post it on here for you.

Good luck with your project.

Brian.

Comment

Andy, those two Fleetwing items you were after from LL are both reprints of the same article.

Unfortunately from your point of view the article is about the Anzani-engined Fleetwing from "The Motor Cycle" 26th May 1955.

Presumably no use to you at all?
                  Colin Sparrow

Comment

Hi Spike,

Most of it is missing!

I need the battery box / side panels, mudguards, and the headlamp shroud. Also a seat.

If you can help that would be great.

Thanks
                    Andy
                    I Andy May have side panels, and the headlamp shroud. Also a seat base you can contack me on 01909 486706 thanks spike

Comment

Andy, those two Fleetwing items you were after from LL are both reprints of the same article.

Unfortunately from your point of view the article is about the Anzani-engined Fleetwing from "The Motor Cycle" 26th May 1955.

Presumably no use to you at all?
                      Hi Colin,

You are quite correct - it's a very different bike.

Thanks very much for looking.

Comment

Originally posted by spike View Post
                        I Andy May have side panels, and the headlamp shroud. Also a seat base you can contack me on 01909 486706 thanks spike
                        Hi Spike,

I've called that number, but there was no reply, I'll try again later.

Thanks
                        Andy

Comment

Anzani Engined Fleetwings.

Hi Colin,

You are quite correct - it's a very different bike.

Thanks very much for looking.
                          Hi Andy/Colin,

As you say, a very different bike! For reference, and for anyone that may not have seen one before (unlikely on here I know, but what the heck!), here's a few pics of the earlier Anzani engined bikes, including three pages from the 1954 catalogue. I don't know if the first pic attached is of the 25D or 20D model (I've seen a very similar pic in 'LL' captioned as a 32D Fleetmaster!), and of course there was also the bigger engined 324cc (I think-might actually be 322cc!) version as well that isn't pictured here. There was also the Fleetmaster model I mentioned as well, but I'm well out of my comfort zone now so will quit while I'm ahead on this particular topic!

Incidently, for more info on Anzani see my previous thread here; http://www.greeves-riders.org.uk/for...ead.php?t=1504 I'd take some of the Greeves references with a pinch of salt though... Some of the dates given in various captions seem a bit 'out' to me, but then it's not a Greeves topic/model I'm all that familiar with. Perhaps other members may be able to point out/correct any errors they spot? Interestingly, (and a bit confusing for someone like me who knows little of these models) there are a couple of pics of bikes with the 'later' styling but with Anzani engines fitted.

Anyway, I'll leave it there and defer to my more learned colleagues on this one...!

I'll post any other pics/info etc for you if I find anything Andy.

Brian.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Brian Thompson; 12/06/2012, 03:54 PM. Reason: Pics attached.

Comment

Thanks Brian,

I've just had an interesting conversation with Spike on the telephone,
                            and he knows a lot more about these bikes than we do!

Watch this space...

Regards
                            Andy

Comment

Progress!

Nice one Andy. Always pleased to chip in when I can.

Sounds as though you're talking to the right person now! I hope the pics have been of use to Spike too.

Looking forward to hearing about developments with these projects. These models must be amongst the rarer Greeves out there, and it's always good to see the earlier bikes being put back on their wheels.

Brian.
                              Last edited by Brian Thompson; 12/06/2012, 03:57 PM. Reason: Additional text.

Comment

Working...
                              X