Clear All

No, I was thinking more TV size device.

Comment

Managed to borrow a projector now!

Comment

What do I need to drive it?

Comment

Hi All,
          So loads of joyful banter in this string for the AGM.....but is anybody going to enlighten us as to when, where, who, what, why etc so people can attend the 2012 AGM Or is it a secret? Have I missed the details posted somewhere on the website?
          Thanks
          Martin H

Comment

Gra agm 2012.

Originally posted by Martin H View Post
            Hi All,
            So loads of joyful banter in this string for the AGM.....but is anybody going to enlighten us as to when, where, who, what, why etc so people can attend the 2012 AGM Or is it a secret? Have I missed the details posted somewhere on the website?
            Thanks
            Martin H
            Hello Martin, and yes, I think you have....Click on this link, although be warned that this thread contains lots of joyful banter too (and a date for the AGM.).....; http://www.greeves-riders.org.uk/for...ead.php?t=3038

Then there's this thread as well, with more info about the AGM venu and yet more joyful banter...! Honestly, what are we like eh, having fun and everything...;
            (I'll repeat the link to the Exeter Hall venue website that Rob provided on that thread here for reference; http://www.kidlington-pc.gov.uk/parish/exeterhall.asp)

And finally, just in case, I've taken a quick snap of all the details for this years' AGM that were published in the GRA Newsletter 'Leading Link' #163, in February 2012 (so members who would like to attend would have plenty of notice.) Sorry about the quality, but it was just a quick snap with my camera like I said.

So.....can we get back to the banter now....?

Brian.
            Attached Files

Comment

Just supposing of course that I put the right date in LL163...

Anyway, Exeter Hall, Kidlington, Oxon, OX5 1AB

Sunday 1st April 2012

From about 9.00am

AGM starts 1.30pm
              Colin Sparrow

Comment

Hi mate,

But I've never known you to ever get something important like that wrong....!!!

Mind you, April 1st, and all that........

Thanks for confirming the details Colin, hope you're doing ok.

Brian.

Comment

Agm

Hi All,

Looking forward to sunday

It will be the first public showing of my Dads original 24MX4 which we are both very proud of

It is an interesting machine that my Dad bought from Monty Banks M/Cs in 1969, it was about six months old then and the bike was Montys own machine!!

Dad campaigned the bike for the next 3 years in the eastern centre and in a few rounds of the under 21s British Championship.

The bike was sold locally when Dad met my Mum and set up house etc (How many have done that!!)

At a classic scramble at Farleigh Castle in circa 1991 Dad saw an MX4 Challenger being ridden by Jim Aim which looked very similar except the bike now had a Long Stroke Engine fitted, Dad jotted the frame number down to check we he got home as he still had the original bill of sale from Monty.

It was Dads old bike!!

Jim Aim was approaced many times over the years about selling us the bike back but to no avail

I bought myself a Short Stroke mx4 in nov 2006 which made dad even more nostalgic

I then personally phoned Jim and after a lot of pestering he said Maybe he would sell

Feb 1st 2010 I got the call from Jim, do we want the mx4? (Hell Yes)

We picked the bike up from the PRE65 Agm that weekend

The bike came with its original engine as well as the Long Stroke one fitted.

The bike has been lovingly restored , it is still very original, The Engine was fully rebuilt, as was the gearbox (Geoff Nunn), we managed to buy an exhaust of ebay which though expensive was in fantastic condition. But the only negative on the bike is someone in its life drilled various parts but we left them like that as it is part of its history

Hope you all like it??

Also we are taking our 3 race bikes with us to show.

See you all Sunday

Scotty 151

Comment

Here is the notice in LL164:

The Annual General Meeting of the Greeves Riders Association will be held at the Exeter Hall, Oxford Road, (A4260) Kidlington, Oxfordshire OX5 1AB, on Sunday 1st April 2012:

9.00am onwards – Greeves jumble in car park.

9.30am – Hall opens for display and concours.

10.00am – Tea, Coffee and Regalia available in the Hall.

12.00 noon – Food available to purchase in the Hall.

12.30pm – Talk and question and answer session with Andrew King.

1.30pm – Annual General Meeting.

Concours Awards. Raffle draw.

Yes Colin, you got the date right and here is the proof!

Comment

Scott,

Thanks for the info on the MX4, quite a story and I look forward to seeing it.

I hope it will be a good day!

Thanks,

Rob

Comment

Thanks Rob,

I will have my 24mx4 there aswell, its got some battle scars etc but its a nice genuine bike aswell

See you sunday

Scott

Comment

Hi Scott, quite a tale about dad's bike and a happy ending to boot although I suspect it might not be quite the ending. Is dad intending riding it in the Greeves Series at some point, do you think?
                          See you both Sunday, you can fill me in then.

Comment

I agree Adrian, some great history there scott, hope you all have a great day?. dave.

Comment

A Very Good Day!

Well, that's another succesful AGM done and dusted then!

Just to let everyone know, I've posted a brief overview and pics of yesterdays excellent event in an album on my profile page, here; http://www.greeves-riders.org.uk/for...php?albumid=56

Many thanks once again to everyone who attended for making it such an enjoyable day, and especially for all the hard work that went into organising it by the chairman, committee and helpers, traders and jumblers, and particularly to our superb guest speaker Andrew King. (Nice to see you again Andrew.)

Fair play lads, you did us all proud.

Brian.
                              Last edited by Brian Thompson; 02/04/2012, 06:02 PM. Reason: Direct link to album added.

Comment

Thanks Brian, I must admit there were a few hours expended by all and sundry but as you know, our motivation is to help everyone (including ourselves) to enjoy their hobby.

Everyone I spoke to said they had had a good day so I'm hopeful we achieved the aim which is all that matters.

Good to see you again in actual and not virtual (or virtuous!) form!

It turned out to be my most expensive AGM ever but at least Project Leek moves a few steps nearer!

Rob

Comment

Working...
                                X