Mechanics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mechanics?

My CB750 is due for its 37th MOT. It wasn't used last year. I find there's a fault on the headlight switch. Now, even in the prehistoric days of the 'Kings' Group, when I spent days and nights up to my arms in black grease servicing Motorcycles ancient & modern, I was never much good with electrics. (I can't see it - so I don't play with it). The 'bike goes in to a nearby 'Shop and, 2 months later emerges with it's MOT, the fault corrected, and new front brake shoes as, (quote), "the brake was sticking on". Maybe because someone had screwed up the floating arm adjuster bolt until the fixed pad was hard on in the mistaken belief that this is how 1970 Honda Discs worked! And a 'Quote' "Carb adjustment" that has left it ticking over at 5000rpm, just like the new Hondas, Which rev to 17,000, unlike my thing which struggles to reach its 7,500 redline. But this paled into insignificance against the Car........

The passenger window stopped working. In it goes to a main dealer. Oh, Hello Sir, we've found a bad oil leak from your n/s drive shaft. Would you like us to fix it? (Yes of course). With other 'found' faults I pay £940, get car back. 2 weeks later, in Wokingham, gearbox siezes up solid. No oil! Car transported back to Dealer who say Gearbox ok, they've just topped the oil up. Guess who's ringing Trading Standards in the morning?
    What is it with Workshops these days, are they so obsessed with money that the jobs don't get done???

I have come to the conclusion that when you take it in and the first question is "How will you be paying?", it's time to turn around and walk out!

I believe the term is "adding value" to their services.

Comment

Mechanics?

Buzzer.........Couldn't agree more!

Comment

Muppets.........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's an appalling tale Peter..........

It must be all the more galling with all your years of experience in the industry, and I can't help thinking of how many RTA's you may have attended as a result of muppets like that....truly shocking.

I think you showed remarkable restraint in choosing the Trading 'Standards' option! If it was me I think I'd be contemplating compensation in the form of a pair of new 'hood ornaments'....!!!! (I'll lend you me Stilsons if you like!!!-No anaesthetic of course.....!)

Hope you get some satisfaction mate.

Brian.
        Last edited by Brian Thompson; 08/07/2010, 12:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X