DOT Motorcycles return

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DOT Motorcycles return

Not a scrambler or trials I’m afraid. Showing at NEC in December, not discovered price or engine supplier yet. Alternative to Enfield?

Interesting looking machines, very modern, with good brakes & suspenders etc. Expensive, I would imagine, rather like the current CCMs. Guy Martin is somehow involved. A fairly powerful 650 twin with light'ish weight, so they should go well. The cafe racer looks rather nice. The other one looks wierd!

Comment

Ian, Update .Kawasaki ER6 engine apparently, BUT price is £17000-£24000 depending upon customer specifications! Four will be on the stand at the NEC but on plinths so no sitting on or touching allowed as they are reputedly sold. I wouldn’t buy one without sitting on it, the scrambler being too tall for me anyway apart from the price , three Enfield Interceptor instead?

Comment

Colin. I thought they would be expensive, but that is ridiculous! The CCMs at around the £10k+ mark are expensive enough, but they too are hand built, with good equipment, and although the 600 single motor is a bit down on power at 55hp to the Kwaka's 68, it is also 30kg lighter. The Kwak is a good engine, but are really a cheap massed produced motor. Some people will just pay anything for exclusivity; not me I'm afraid!

Comment

Far from the original DOT bikes which were lightweight affordable bikes.

Comment

Working...
          X