Nice little runabout!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice little runabout!

The current edition of OBM has a nice spread about the "Salon Prive", an exclusive show at Blenheim Palace. The bike that caught my eye was a nice little English assembled bike with an Italian engine. Reading the spiel, I learned that it is a Vtwin 2 stroke that produces 75 bhp.....from 250cc! Shades of Grand Prix indeed, as it resembles one of the stacked-type engines common in the racing scene of a few years back. Yes, it's basically 2 x 125s with contra-rotating cranks and all sorts of electronics dealing with the inlet side. The power to weight ratio is given as 660 bhp/ton, but I presume that is without the rider! The other eye-catch was the 1950 Husqvarna, said to be a twin, but I think it may be a twin-port single. Anyone up on Husky history?

What an awesome piece of kit! I would love to hear that on full song! Yours for a mere £28k + vat..... Still, people are paying that sort of money for a Vincent single these days. I wonder which would be more fun to ride? Answers on a postcard etc; but I think I know the answer....

Ian C

Comment

I'm waiting for the 750/6........

Comment

Working...
      X