Greenlaning on a Townmate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greenlaning on a Townmate

Did a bit of greenlaning yesterday on the Townmate T80 along a well known Roman Road near Cambridge.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07375.JPG
Views:	99
Size:	445.6 KB
ID:	75655

Just goes to show, you can do anything with a bike

Comment

It's not unusual to see a step-through entered in the MCC's trials. There were at least two that finished the latest Land's End. Results: http://www.themotorcyclingclub.org.u...E_ResultsN.pdf

Comment

Townmate's have even crossed the Sahara desert https://www.extremetrifle.com/events...-round-sahara/

Comment

Did someone mention the Sahara desert? It might not be a Townmate however it got through - just

Western Sahara down through Mauritania.

Name:	DSCF3867.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	192.7 KB
ID:	75776

Name:	DSCF3824.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	230.6 KB
ID:	75775

and if you likes deserts. I thought the Atacarma Desert was awesome

Name:	DSCF1889.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	377.1 KB
ID:	75777

Name:	DSCF1894.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	287.5 KB
ID:	75778
          Tiger 800

Salt lakes, very corrosive due to high salt concentration.

Name:	DSCF1929.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	191.2 KB
ID:	75779

and extremely cold glacier melt water sink holes to wash off in.

Name:	DSCF1922.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	157.8 KB
ID:	75780

The next desert I want to ride through (around) is the Tabernas desert in the Almeria province of Spain. Going to do this on a Greeves or the Grumph
          as it is easy to get to. My brother in law only lives 200km away so handy just in case I need some support or red wine.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Tony,

Fantastic pics mate, truly awesome terrain....that's some sandpit you've got in your back garden...!!

Bit different to the guy who was interested in buying a Super Tenere 1200 adventure bike back when I still in the trade...when I asked him where he'd take it he said camping....I said 'where? over to Europe?'....he said nah....Stratford-upon-Avon..... Or...do you remember the guys in the letters page of 'Adventure Bike Rider' magazine who were moaning about the crap ice cream van in the field they'd parked up in for their weekend 'adventure gathering'.....

Respect mate, that's the real deal, right there....what a fantastic ride that must have been, as will the next one be, I'm sure.

Brian.

Comment

Not a step through but on the subject of the Sahara a photo from a trip I did quite a few years ago. Google the place names

I headed south afterwards and then west on to Timbuktu and beyond.

Sorry for hijacking a thread about green laning on step throughs.
              You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
              Last edited by ian640; 16/05/2019, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Great photos of the Atacama desert trip. Thanks! It's on my fantasy list. Now where's that "Like" button?

Comment

Working...
                X