Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good news for two strokes in London ULEZ

https://scooterlab.uk/ulez-good-news...9GSs12pyj_S0tk
    This article makes interesting reading, as it appears that most two strokes will pass a test to be exempt from the £12.50 per day London ULEZ charge. Its worth also noting that 40 year old classics like our Greeves are NOT exempt ULEZ only the LEZ even if they are on Historic Tax, but presumably if you submit it for and it passes the £175 test then it would be exempt.
    The wording on this sentence on the scooterlab site is wrong
    London’s new Ultra Low Emission Zone comes into operation today (April 8th) and unless you own a Euro 3 modern scooter, or a classic it’ll cost you £12.50 a day to ride in the current congestion area of the capital so a classic is NOT automatically exempt ULEZ
    Last edited by John Wakefield; 09/04/2019, 10:46 PM.

£175!!!! I'll continue to use my Bus Pass. My 24,000 mile old diesel car will soon be relegated to around the North Circular Road anyway. Basically, unless you need your own transport within London, go by train or bus and let TfL worry about parking it!

Comment

£175 is only 14 days ULEZ payment so if you commute daily on a 1990's two stroke & are not eligible for a free travel bus pass, its money well spent, Its a one off charge and will as it says in article put value on the bike.

Comment

Just put your Reg no into this, see if it comes up with a green tick in the lower box

dogsbody, feeling smug with a historic Reg 400/4 but never wanting to go to London

Comment

Originally posted by Dogsbody View Post
          Just put your Reg no into this, see if it comes up with a green tick in the lower box

dogsbody, feeling smug with a historic Reg 400/4 but never wanting to go to London
          Yes the lower box is for the LEZ zone (Historic vehicles exempt in that) but not the ULEZ (top box)

Comment

John, Yes it is confusing (deliberately? ), but following links it says
            "All vehicles that have a historic vehicle tax class will be exempt from the ULEZ. This tax class excludes any vehicle used commercially (for example, coffee vans or street food vans).

In line with the existing LEZ discount all vehicles registered before 1 January 1973 will be exempt from the ULEZ, regardless of commercial use or otherwise.

If your vehicle meets the above criteria and is registered in the UK, it is automatically exempt and you don't need to register with us. If your vehicle meets the above criteria but is registered outside the UK, you are also exempt, but will need to register with us. Details on how you can register will be available closer to the time."

so if your V5 is Historic it should be ok. As I said, the nearest I get these days is the M25 going to Dover. Dogsbody

Comment

Thanks DB As usual with government departments clear as mud, like you the nearest I am likely to go on the Greeves is Battlesbridge some miles away

Comment

Working...
              X