Funny little 3 wheeler with stabalizers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funny little 3 wheeler with stabalizers

According to DVLA its a SZCMA 49cc which was seen in Saffron Walden circa 2006 now on SORN.
    Cant find anything on a Google search for SZCMA
    Click image for larger version  Name:	33607776778_3602ecff8d_b.jpg Views:	1 Size:	248.0 KB ID:	74872Click image for larger version  Name:	s-l1600 (5).jpg Views:	1 Size:	240.9 KB ID:	74873
    Last edited by John Wakefield; 30/03/2019, 05:55 PM.

John, it's a SECMA Qpod

dogsbody

Comment

Thanks DB, Typo by DVLA. Never seen one on the road and this one has not been MoT tested since 2012. Strange arrangement with the stabilizers, I assume they tip over easily without, but the little tyres will soon wear out,possibly difficult (or expensive) to source. The larger engined 4 wheeler looks a better bet.

Comment

John....if you're thinking about getting a tricycle you could always trade the Townmate in for one of these.....a Yamaha Niken 847cc triple, only 13.5k and it doesn't need stabilisers....

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

....but if that's too much there's always it's forerunner, the Yamaha Tricity 125, from around 3.8k....even cheaper used....
          You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
          Last edited by Brian Thompson; 29/03/2019, 10:41 PM. Reason: Pic attached.

Comment

This would be better comes with a basket as standard

Click image for larger version

Name:	images.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	13.8 KB
ID:	74883

Comment

Secma also do (or did do) a 4 wheeler, l found this one (also in Saffron Walden) in 2017 so looks like it maybe with the same owner as the trike version
              Click image for larger version  Name:	36422770951_698eae20ff_h.jpg Views:	1 Size:	448.1 KB ID:	74889

Comment

Yes John, an awesome machine for sure....but I still think I'd take this instead, mainly because of the colour....

Mind you, I think you're on to something here though....but looks like the Gold (Lead?) Wing Owners Club have beaten you to it.....what a beast! A roof to keep the elements at bay, an executive bidet, light and vanity mirror in the top box, and it even has air vents in the windscreen (and a windscreen wiper!) so you can feel the wind in your face.....cool or what!

Having said all that though, on reflection, if I was in the market for a nice reliable motorcycle with a roof, heater and a radio, and I only had 25 quid to spend, I'd probably just go for one of these.....

Brian.
                You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

I suppose these were aimed at the teenager market ride on a moped licence but car comforts, Peel in the IoM made one some years ago, Jeremy Clarkson drove it round TV studios, they are now worth serious money.

Comment

Working...
                  X