No announcement yet.

The new Triumph Speed Twin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember seeing a BSA used there, but I didn't see a Greeves. I even have a pic of said BSA.....somewhere!

Comment

I remember that BSA (C15T?) at Earls Court. I had a go on it. Might still have the certificate for my "clean".....somewhere!
      Colin Sparrow

Comment

I remember it as a 71 model Trail BSA without the motor but with a huge battery and a small electric system. I have a slide of it somewhere, but the digital copy I made seems to have disappeared. When I went, the queue was so long I gave up waiting!

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	Electric BSA.jpg Views:	1 Size:	436.2 KB ID:	73552

I rode an electric C15Tat Earls Court in 1964. It was sponsored by Filtrate Oils.

And I've even managed to dig out the certificate - after 55 years!

Happy days...

Colin Sparrow

Comment

Filtrate, now that's a name from the past. contained colloidal graphite http://www.voc.uk.com/net/docs/4.2/4.2-437-20.pdf
            Last edited by John Wakefield; 11/01/2019, 05:51 PM. Reason: pdf added

Comment

I rode an Electric Francis Barnett or James at the Earls Court Show many years ago, it was powered by a car starter motor and a car battery, the section was timed as well as being observed.

Comment

Earls Court, as I remember Greeves with a car battery where the engine should be and a starter motor instead of the gearbox... but it was 1960 something or other.

Comment

I think a few memories are dimmed. Greeves, Fany Barnet James I went to most of the shows in the 1960's and only remember the BSA electric bikes (that Colin rode), modified 250 Trailblazers powered by a car starter motor and car battery. All a bit crude and hardly ground breaking proper electric trials bikes. Apparently Filtrate did this subsequent years as a Paul Hawes got a certificate like Colin's in 1966 see his letter in Classic Bike 28/12/16 https://www.pressreader.com/uk/class...82308204762306
                  Last edited by John Wakefield; 12/01/2019, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Yes, the one I have a slide of was a Trailblazer, probably from a line of bikes which had wrecked engines.....No names.....but Teepol in Castrol oil cans comes into the equation!

Comment

Originally posted by John Wakefield View Post
                      Filtrate, now that's a name from the past. contained colloidal graphite http://www.voc.uk.com/net/docs/4.2/4.2-437-20.pdf
                      I put some in my Norton Big4 600cc side valve sidecar outfit during the 1960,s and it made a big difference to its performance.

Comment

A 650cc available soon. The new Royal Enfield 650 Interceptor looks like it could be a good seller for them, first reports and tests are very positive. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6R8XFiEbhQ

Prices
                        Interceptor INT 650 - Standard / Orange Crush
                        £5500

Interceptor INT 650 - Custom / Ravishing Red
                        £5700

Interceptor INT 650 - Chrome /
                        Glitter & Dust
                        £5990

Last edited by John Wakefield; 10/02/2019, 10:48 PM.

Comment

We don't like to talk about Glitter these days.....

Comment

Hi KevinLS, i read your post, I bought a decent 1975 Moto Morini 3 1/2 Strada about five years ago after reading many reviews online here. knowing the engine needed rebuilding; the PO had a leaking fuel tap that flooded the crankcase with oil and washed the lube out of the big end shells, It has sat forlornly in the corner of my shop, always being passed over by another project. I had the tank and side cover painted when I brought it home, other than its just collected dust.

Comment

Working...
                            X