Unusual Villiers engine on ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unusual Villiers engine on ebay

I stumbled upon this on eBay.... can’t quite figure out what it originally was

any of you guys know?

Cheers Charlie

A horizontally-opposed twin with a drive-shaft coming out from the bottom, Charlie? Don't think it was ever fitted to a bike. An early rotary mower, perhaps? Only guessing, mind! Hope you are keeping well, by the way, and that those Hawkstones are behaving themselves?

Comment

I think its from a wacker, for compacting the ground in a trench or road works If the carb is in the right location then the engine would operated with cylinders fore and aft and the handle with the throttle lever attached at the top. The drive shaft then being underneath the engine which would have connected to the mechanism that vibrated the rammer.

Comment

It sparked my curiosity, looks an unusual piece of kit! Like you say John it may have been a ground work tool of some description!

hello John r.... I have sent you a message a while ago via Facebook! The hawkstones are behaving thanks, one has been stripped and reassembled with correct spacers etc so all ready for next season! Who have you been keeping?

Cheers Charlie

Comment

Have come off of Facebook, Charlie so didn't get your message. Will send you my email address on a PM from this site ……………..

Comment

Sold for £38 so someone must have a use for it.

Comment

Working...
            X