Francis Barnett are back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Francis Barnett are back

Francis-Barnett Coventry Provides New Motorbikes Made With The Classic British Design Of The Original Francis-Barnett bikes In Mind. Ready Build For You.

Francis Barnett are back with new versions of the Falcon, Merlin & Kestrel, all 4 strokes based on a Chinese made Sinnis which is based on Suzuki GN 125. The Merlin trials (trail) bike does look a tidy little bike. Looks like they are modified in the UK with Wassell sourced parts. The Merlin is a bit expensive though at £4.5k when compared with the doner bike http://www.sinnismotorcycles.com/mot...crambler%20125
    FB are also marketing a range of badge engineered electric cycles.

One would have thought Greeves Motorcycles would have gone into this market with badge engineered Greeves versions of the Sinnis.
    Last edited by John Wakefield; 23/10/2015, 03:31 PM.

Why oh why

At the risk of sounding harsh?

Who would buy this Chinese rebranded crap for 4.5k??

You could buy a genuine suzuki for less!!

Scott (I own a proper Barnett made in Coventry England)

Comment

Couldn't agree more Scott, but Suzuki dont do a 'traditional' style 125 street bike any more. The only one they list is the Van Van, a low rider style at £3199

Yamaha do the YBR 125 at £2599 but of course its not retro styling http://www.yamaha-motor.eu/uk/produc...er/ybr125.aspx
      The Herald Mutt 125 (another Sinnis based retro) is only £2500 otr http://www.heraldmotorcompany.com/mutt-125.php

Presumably the new FB company are hoping to cash in on older riders downsizing to a familiar name.
      Last edited by John Wakefield; 24/10/2015, 10:47 AM. Reason: details of the Herald Mutt added

Comment

I know what you mean John.

It's not the first time francis Barnetts have been badge engineered..

We already have the Chinese ajs..

I might make my own, il get a a Chinese 125 engine and put it in my spare TE rolling chassis, I reckon it would be worth £5000 with the valuable electric start motor in it..

Or I could just put a villiers motor in it??

Madness

Scott

Comment

I saw these on the computer some months ago, but as you have seen, the price is stupid, so I dismissed the venture as a non-starter.

Comment

Brian, have you thought about buying a greeves instead!.....

Comment

The Sinnis make actually got a good MCN rating, http://www.motorcyclenews.com/bike-r...star-125/2010/
              & is probably at the top end of the Chinese bike market.
              With the basic Sinnis bike selling at around £1550 its hard to see where the extra £2950 has been spent in converting it into a trail bike with a Francis Barnet badge. Presumably FB will be paying less than £1550 each for them & recovering money by selling on the standard parts that have been removed.

Comment

Maybe a come back for Invacar

Maybe the Invacar name could make a come back, or maybe Mr Deal may like to take it on as a Greeves.
                From this

To this the PATHFINDER
                Last edited by John Wakefield; 24/10/2015, 02:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by John Wakefield View Post
                  Maybe the Invacar name could make a come back, or maybe Mr Deal may like to take it on as a Greeves.
                  From this

To this the PATHFINDER
                  Are you going to be the first to order mr Wakefield?

Comment

We will all be getting them eventually, I would think the GRA could put in a bulk order & maybe get some discount.
                    Last edited by John Wakefield; 24/10/2015, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Nice looking machines!....but when the time comes, i can see Brian Thompson going for something a bit more enviromently friendly.........
                      Attached Files

Comment

InVacar

This electric badge engineered inVacar (the v is a capital due to being electric) could be the future....

It could be painted various shades of moorland blue like the Greeves were..

I have already thought up the names of the three strong new inVacar lineup.

1. 12VDC Least Coster

2. 24VDC East Coaster

3. 36VDC Far East Toaster (my personal favorite)

Now we just need a well heeled funder..

I'm sure JW would love to oversee the development and quality control of the brand..( only joking )

Scott

Comment

Brilliant, scott, m, this could open up a whole new range of machines....
                          How about the grottish, a low budget off road unit, the manglian, ( nicknamed after damon hill injured both his legs in the chain drive ).
                          Or the old favourite...the frontpathfinder..... a sat nav compliance unit, designed to get you to the garden shed & back safely..........

Comment

, umhh! that lovely aroma of comma r40......
                            Course, then there is the 380 grippon.....makes light work of those slippery drop kerbs.
                            Popular machine, but fitted with commode to compensate for over powered drive unit...

Comment

Brilliant Marcelle

I was bloody thinking of the lines of an e cigarette exhaust, that has the scent of castrol R, then your brilliant post popped up...

We could fit a two stroke sound machine to the handle bars, with different settings

1. Fluffy cold

2. Crisp two stroke

3. Rich 4 stroking

4. Detonation and pink.

Scott

Comment

Working...
                              X