Geoff Duke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geoff Duke

I've just heard the sad news that Geoff Duke has died.

Another hero gone. What can you say?
    Colin Sparrow

Sign of the times I am afraid, we & they are all getting older. The inevitable happens, there will be lots more 'stars of the 60's' following Duke to that 'TT course or Shrublands Park in the sky' in the next few years.
    He had a good life & lived till 92.
    Last edited by John Wakefield; 03/05/2015, 12:31 PM.

Comment

I met Geoff Duke some 40 years ago when I was doing the Manx Grand Prix and what a pleasure. A real gentleman in every sense of the word, no sense of superiority or air of condescension that is common today.A loss to the motorcycling world.
      Rest in Peace Mr Duke. Dogsbody

Comment

I finished the Isle of Man Classic 2-Day trial in 2003 and Geoff Duke stood and presented all the awards shaking hands with every rider even myself, looking very smart and a true gentleman, and an honour for me. R.I.P.

Comment

Very sad to hear of geoff's passing, i have heard a lot about him from a friend of mine who lives only a few hundred yards from me, he and fellow mechanic charlie edwards were at norton in the race shop preparing his and also john surtees bikes, and said both were gentlemen and trusted the mechanics with the utmost respect.

I am fortunate to have geoffs tfs, that he rode for a time useing it mainly in the isle of man.

The memories will still live on

Comment

Quite a few years ago now, we set up a Royal Enfield stand at Stafford modeled on the TT pits. I believe Geoff must have been guest of honour and he came on to our stand, no doubt attracted by the racing theme. He spoke to everyone and posed for pics, etc, a real treat for all of us.

Likewise, when we used to ride in the Manx 2 day back in the 70's Geoff used to spectate at various points.

The downside was his IOM ferry service breaking down and leaving us stranded in Douglas but I'll forgive him for that!

He certainly had a good run considering the racing miles he did!

Comment

geoff duke

I met geoff duke at torquay bike show when he took a good look at my mk1 metisse he was a very nice respectfull person shame R.I.P.

Last edited by greeves246; 02/05/2015, 10:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X