Guy Martin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guy Martin

Just wondered if anyone happened to tune in to his new series on Speed ( a Druid pastime from his racing days although he was reputedly faster on grass ) which started Sunday ch4 at 8pm.

For those who don't know he's a very good road racer hgv mechanic and seemingly a good egg. ( not dissimilar to one Higgy)

He had an engineering series last year which saw him involved in several engineering restoration projects, a hands on bloke extolling the achievements of past British workmanship and skill.

This another Goodun to watch, he was trying to set a new British speed record for cycling, won't spoil it for those who may want to watch it on catch up/I player.
    Punchy 336

Good entertainment though think he is as mad as a box of frogs but a good egg never the less.

Comment

Great programme, as you say mad as hatter.

Comment

Repeat of the 1st in the series

It's being repeated this coming Saturday on 4 about 7
        Punchy 336

Comment

Originally posted by Punchy View Post
          It's being repeated this coming Saturday on 4 about 7
          Thanks Punchy, when it comes to repeats you're the king! By the way, is he any relation to Fred Dibnah?

Comment

No, no relation.....I could understand Fred!!!!

Comment

He (Fred) was not obsessed with speed, quite content with 5 mph on his steam roller.

Comment

Guy Martin

Very good program well worth watching . The chap is a lunatic just listen towards the end " I don't mind falling off at 110 mph but whatever you do don't
                Put your brakes on just let me slide " (he is talking to the driver of an 18 wheeler truck cab whom he is slip streaming ,if fact from the side view looks as if he is ramming the thing . Yep adrenaline certainly is brown .

Rob.

Comment

As far as the record went I was surprised they just accepted a Sat nav speed recorder rather than actually timing over a measured distance. Also I would have thought there would have been strict rules as for size & type of pace vehicle. Obviously he got a lot more suction from a large truck (6 wheels by the way not 18) than a car or motorcycle. So as far as the record is concerned it is not really like for like. Still takes a lot of guts but does it really prove anything.

Comment

Miracle worker or wot?

This guy thinks he's a son of God! He'll be trying to walk (or ride?) on water, next!!
                    Last edited by johnrunnacles; 02/01/2014, 08:57 AM. Reason: Title

Comment

John - Look out for Episode 7 ..........

Of the 6 part series where Guy Martin will be attempting to climb Runnacles Mount on a Greeves Challenger clad in leather racing overalls and a puddingbasin hat whilst drinking a brew of Yorkshire tea..... PROPER !!...........................his craziest stunt to date

Maybe Brian can chip in with a What GUY does next on a Greeves Competition !!

Comment

I'm reliably informed that the Guy Martin attempt on Runnacles Mount is postponed until we get some proper Summer weather, this measly tricke we are seeing now is nowhere near heavy enough to provide a proper challenge....

Comment

mission impossible!!!!

Kim, guy martin attempting the legendary runnacles mount!!!!!!!............. lets try & keep this thread a bit realistic.....

Comment

What Guy Did Next.....

Having finally agreed to wear the makeup* suggested by the soft, southern, shandy drinking TV producers, Guy realises that learning Al Jolson's entire back catalogue in a week for the first episode of his next series is a challenge too far boss, even for him....thank goodness.

Brian T.

* "....err, Guy.....that's not toothpaste mate!"
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Brian Thompson; 04/01/2014, 12:02 PM. Reason: Pic attached.

Comment

Thanks Kim, I knew there was something missing on that fateful day ........... just haven't been able to put my finger on it 'til now!

Will Guy try to better my record attempt, too?

Happy New Year, All!!

John R

Comment

Working...
                              X