Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5ta electrics and history

Hi
    I'm the mad fool that bought the basket case Tri Greeves on ebay recently. Any way I have been cleaning engine bits and it is mostly complete except the altenator rotor and stator are missing and the distributor is not to good.
    So I was looking for altenatorbits and electronic ignition and came accress the Electrexworld World STK-103D-DC
    Has any one had any experience with these?

Also who do I need to talk to to see if there is any recorded history on the bike frame number 61/3838

Thanks very much!!!
    Pete

Only recent history ie the fact it was on eBay recently and sold for ?395 the frame is a 1961 24MCS scrambler, would originally have had a 34A 250cc Villiers engine. Sorry cant help with Electrex World ignition, may be ok but company have crap after sale service. You may be better looking at Boyer Bransden

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	7EABC26B-1F50-4631-A03A-EC8AE301BED1.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	285.7 KB ID:	91603 Probably easier to fit Boyer Bransden unit and higher rated alternator especially if you are going to ride on the road and green lanes. I fitted both and they work really well.
      Attached Files

Comment

I used a REX Caunt ignition on my trials triumph greeves for many years and it worked faultlessly. I have the electrex world unit on my current trialer and it has been no problem

Comment

Look at Paul Goff's site for alternator etc- are you going to want decent lights for road use? Modern LED bulbs can work wonders. I have quite a pile of 500 Triumph bits,so feel free to ask....... Peter.

Comment

Hi
            Thanks for all your replies!!!
            When the time comes I think I will use the Eleectrex unit as it solves both problems in one unit giving a reasonable 65watts for lights and a spark at a loww 300rpm and probably not a lot more expensive than all the other bits I would need. Next step is to get crankcases vapour blasted and the crank ground. Fortunately Boretech are very close to home and they did a fantastic job on my Bonnie recently.

One more quick question, I have paid my subs how do I become Member as opposed to Basic user?

I'm sure I will have more questions as work progresses, I really appreciate all your advise.
            Cheers Pete

Comment

Electrex World suggest using Led lights, possibly because of the low power alternator. Original Lucas alternator gave about 110 watts

Comment

Electrex world units for Greeves engines whilst very good for running only produce a very low amperage and in some cases not at all. I have a number installed and always have a battery that I can trickle charge.

Comment

Working...
                X