530 sprocket to fit Greeves rear hub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 530 sprocket to fit Greeves rear hub

I am building up a rear british hub with 6 hole fixing but it has a 520 sprocket and I want to change to 530 to match gearbox on a BSA A7.
    you Grumph lads must have had this problem so how dod you deal with it ??
    thanks in advance
    steve

As long as the holes line up just unbolt the 520 sprocket and replace it with the 530. You may need slightly longer bolts if the wider sprocket has not be rebated. Ideally the thickness at the centre where the holes are drilled needs to be same thickness as the 520 sprocket.
    Last edited by John Wakefield; 13/06/2021, 11:28 PM.

Comment

I want one as well, but who is the best supplier? I can cope with an undrilled chain wheel if necessary . Peter.

Comment

I got mine from Talon not sure if they are open at the moment

Comment

John Hemming Engineering, 01547 530759 Sprockets made and re-toothed

Comment

Thanks to all those who responded.

Comment

Had you considered getting the BSA gearbox sprocket slimmed down to accommodate the 520 chain? A reasonably simple engineering task.

Comment

Searching for someone else, I find I have two 530 wheel sprockets, one 60-teeth in heavy steel, the other 54-teeth in much-lighter dural. Latter has 6 1/4" centre hole. Both are drilled for 5 stud fixing. Open to offers (preferably UK only) if of use ................

Comment

Steve how many teeth on the sprocket you want to change? Might be suitable for me. Peter.

Comment

Working...
                  X