Grumph Exhausts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grumph Exhausts

Hi Folks, Is there a 'source' of siamesed exhausts for Grumphs or is everyone fabricating their own versions?
    Thanks

I made mine up from a T00C pipe. I managed to run inside the ally beam

Comment

Hi teamferret, how close was the exhaust port to the alloy beam? My 350 engine is vertical and the curve required to go between head and beam would have to be very tight. Can you send a photo? I'll PM you my mobile number which might make the photo sending easier than uploading etc etc! I'm on Whatsapp so the photo sending would be free!
      Are Triumph T100C pipes siamesed? -I'll look them up.
      Thanks for prompt response, Dave
      Last edited by David Muir; 07/05/2020, 07:26 PM.

Comment

My ones close, and the right hand pipe was a very tight curve which ended up being cut and welded as it was too tight for the guy making the exhaust. He did make a lovely one off stainless silencer.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCF9466.JPG Views:	0 Size:	398.1 KB ID:	81511
        Last edited by tony; 07/05/2020, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	grumph2.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	116.9 KB
ID:	81513

Comment

Thanks for photos Tony..........got any of the right hand side pipe ?

Comment

The right pipe was cut and welded, I was not happy as he was supposed to bent it using a mandrel which helps with tight bends. I am use to it now so it will stay as is -

Name:	IMG_0914.JPG
Views:	203
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	81536

Name:	IMG_0916.JPG
Views:	201
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	81538
              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Tony. It is, indeed, very tight but needs must!

Comment

I would not be too concerned about the tight bend on the right hand pipe. Lots of armchair experts out there who will prescribe doom and gloom, along with failed exhaust valves, seats, etc. Mine has worked well since 1985. I will post a picture later.

Comment

As promised
                    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Thanks for the photos Phil- just a bit of pipe-strangling required then!

Comment

Working...
                      X