Source of 'Grumph' tank stickers /decals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Source of 'Grumph' tank stickers /decals

Is there a recognised source or do folk get them made up? (decals are my preference)
    Ta

a diy job is the answer David, unless you are any good with an art brush, one of the companys that do van stickers would make something , but in general they will charge a lot as they need large orders

Comment

I used tank badges and got them engraved, if you get hold of some reproduction ones from Paul Powell you can get any thing etched on them. It is not that expensive to have etching done, any shop that does medals or football/rugby cups will do it.
      You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

I knocked this up in about 20 minutes on my computer using 'Paint' and combining a Greeves logo with an original style (Meriden not Hinckley....they are different) just to give it a try. This could be downloaded and printed out on a standard home printer on to commercially available decal paper.....it would just need adjusting for size. Then, once the ink has dried, you spray it over with some gloss acrylic lacquer (rattle can) and once it's dried cut around the logo area with a craft knife and it's ready to use just like a standard water slide decal. Another overcoat of lacquer once it's on the tank to protect it and job done.

If it was me though, I'd be tempted to try and find a local sign writer to do something really classy by hand with a brush......be a fantastic finishing touch, even if it cost a bit more......

Brian.

Attached Files

Comment

Also you could try this company. They did my Jeckel Industries stickers for the 325 East Coaster, send them a drawing and they will quote how much.
          The place to come to buy classic motoring stickers and decals, as well as a wide range of unique automobilia. And if we don't stock it already, we might be able to make it for you!

Comment

Hey Tony....you know what mate, we're in the wrong job.....especially now we don't lecture anymore....!!

Comment

- happy days

Comment

Yeah bud...the Great Escape.....

Comment

Here are a few ideas to add to the pot. The oval union flag is a pair of stickers that Robert Brown from East Anglia created when he built his roadster.
                  You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

Thanks folks. Have used ' isaydingdong' for other stickers-might give him a bell. Phil, like the Triumph Greeves double name logo-wonder if he can do more?

Comment

Dave

should you wish to borrow one let me know.

Phil

Comment

Thanks Phil. Will probably just go with dual name badges.

Comment

Working...
                        X