EXhausting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EXhausting

I have just got my project back with a superb exhaust system fitted to the 500 unit engine the small diameter Siamese pipes that fit between engine and front beam and slip inside the tubular head inserts in the exhaust ports
    instead of big fin nuts the maker suggested that I braze a loop on top of each pipe and secure them with a spring two stroke style sounds good to me .. any comments

My guess is that they will have to be a good fit. In my experience any air leakage in the exhaust on a four stroke can result in popping and banging on the overrun.

Comment

The springs are a good idea, likewise a smear of a good quality RTV will seal any possibility of an air leak.

Comment

Thanks for pointing that out guys I will get some loops brazed on and then I must find a chroming firm I do use V & G near Hatfield but its a long lead time

Comment

A Royal Enfield Forun dealt with this subject by recommending Bathroom Sealant. Several members agreed with the advice.

Comment

You wouldn't think silicon would stand the heat. I used some of that black high temperature silicon-based gasket goo on my Matchless and it just blew it out.

Comment

Working...
            X