Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triumph engine in 1958 20sa

hi folks,
    had the bits to do this for ever but now re-enthused to do so! couple of questions:-
    1. do I need to have a head steady?
    2. which oil tank is generally used?....is a tiger cub too small for a 500 engine?

3. front and rear (paddle-type) wheels do not line up at present...seem to be lacking some rear wheel spacers......anyone any dimensions?

thanks

Triumph engine in 1958 20SA.

Hi David, and a warm welcome aboard the forum.

I've moved your post here as we now have a new dedicated Triumph Greeves subfprum, so hope that's ok. Also, it would be worth upgrading your forum membership to 'GRA Member' (assuming you still are of course!) by sending Rob an email at; contact@greeves-riders.org.uk This will allow you full access to the 'members only' sections of the forum and you will also be able to post pics etc.

Firstly, as a GRA member you can contact our resident Triumph-Greeves expert Phil Hyde (contact details in 'Leading Link' page 1.) Phil has lots of experience building these brilliant bikes and I'm sure will have the answers you're after with regard to your oil tank.

As far as rear wheel spacers go, if they are the same as for any of the British Hubs fitted to Greeves of that period (I suspect they are but I could be wrong...!), I have dimensions for those fitted to my TCS that I would be happy to send to you via email if it would help. Just send me a private message (PM) with your email address and I will be happy to send them to you.

Best of luck with your project David, and look forward to seeing some pics in due course!

Brian.
    Last edited by Brian Thompson; 14/09/2010, 10:36 PM.

Comment

Triumph Greeves Engine Plates and Oil Tank on EBay.

Hi Dave,

Spotted this on EBay and thought it might be of interest;

Cheers,

Brian.

Comment

Working...
      X