ISDT sidcar outfit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ISDT sidcar outfit

This bike with frame number 24IN200 has turned up on Facebook,in the Netherlands with a Mr Layn, it been suggested it may be an Alec Wright Enduro bike. Can anyone identify it. engine number is GPG1/185
    Attached Files
    Last edited by John Wakefield; 05/12/2021, 07:18 PM.

Hello John, think you'll find the fame number is 21 in200 has in original Facebook post

Comment

Originally posted by greeves View Post
      Hello John, think you'll find the fame number is 21 in200 has in original Facebook post
      No if you look closely you can see its a 4, Greeves never used a 21 designation, the 24 refers to engine size ie 246cc single. 20 197cc 25 249cc twin etc
      Attached Files

Comment

I believe this is a fake and nothing to do with Alec Wright

Comment

Originally posted by anglian man View Post
          I believe this is a fake and nothing to do with Alec Wright
          Looks very much so, this comment from Dave Harper an authority on scramble and enduro bikes who worked at Greeves & actually built the engine has been made on the FB thread

"The frame looks a like model 58, first made 69/70, the engine and gearbox numbers are correct, but would have been installed in a model 63 frame,
          engine number GPG1/185 fitted with gearbox GBC1930 were built by me on 29/8/72, it was also one of the first batch of twenty assembled with the larger Motoplat with lighting coils. As for the frame Number, all Griffons had a stamped plate attached by rivets, only the Dev or comp shop stamped frames like yours. 24 would suggest 250 challenger, i can only think someone copied this number from another frame. This is nothing like the few sidecars i saw made at the factory "

Comment

Further info. The bike is believed to have come from a Dutch rider/Greeves enthusiast by the name Rob Hartendorp who died a few years ago.
            Last edited by John Wakefield; 08/12/2021, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X