Broken beam found for 24IN20?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken beam found for 24IN20?

A guy on Facebook Richard Binks believed to live in the Netherlands has recently bought some Greeves bits including a broken beam for a 24IN20? an ISDT Challanger. Unfortunatly he has chosen not to reveal the full number. There are currently only two in the 200 series listed on Survivors register. They are 24IN200 of which there appear to be three, one in the USA with Steve Metz, and the other last known in the UK with the incorrect number plate from DOO96B. The other one is 24IN203 known to be correct with a GRA member. It would help if the number of this one was known so as to flag it up as being a possible re stamping. Of course the bike may still be around with a replacement frame, someone must have had a serious prang to have broken the beam.
    Attached Files

Click image for larger version

Name:	isdt1.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	157.4 KB
ID:	87019
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Catt View Post
      Click image for larger version

Name:	isdt1.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	157.4 KB
ID:	87019
      24IN131 last known in USA with Kenny Sykes!

Comment

I saw this on a US website many years ago and tried to contact the poster, but had no reply. It's on one of my storage files and I just remembered it.

Comment

International models were routinely recycled/repurposed for subsequent seasons. I suspect this was rescued from the scrap bin at the factory having been sawn up to prevent being built up again. If the number is revealed it proves nothing. Just a piece of metal of dubious provenance.

Comment

Working...
          X