ISDT air bottle on eBay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ISDT air bottle on eBay

Not my listing but there is a tyre inflater on eBay which looks similar to those used in the ISDT for £200. RARE BMC WORKS MINI TYRENFIRE ( ELOPRESS) EMPTY CANNISTER See https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/143664026...MakeTrack=true

The one on eBay is a fire extinguisher!

Comment

Hi John I think the Tyrenfire was both a fire extinguisher and/or a tyre inflator. As the advert says it Fills Tyres/Kills Fires as it contained CO2. Paul
      Last edited by pgc40; 29/07/2020, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Would need valve head and hose connection for pumping up tyres, But if its only for show use I suppose you could make something up that looked the part

Comment

Dad made some out of old Soda Stream bottles

Comment

Originally posted by Ian View Post
            Dad made some out of old Soda Stream bottles
            And i bet they cost him a lot less that £200

Comment

We all had tyrenfire bottles when I was doing enduros, late 70's, they came with a horn to use as a fire extinguisher and a hose to inflate tyres but had to be used with caution as they work at 750psi. I t would not be possible to legally get one recharged as the cylinder would need hydraulic testing and stamping. I have three of the smaller ones, one of which is on my ISDT bike. Anyone wanting to refill one themselves I can give instructions BUT at your own risk! We were filling some at the Welsh Two Day from a co2 beer cylinder borrowed from a pub when Sammy Miller walked past, saying "I did not know you could do those yourself". Peter.

Comment

By the late 60's most riders were using Finelec with the added benefit that it was quick (no wheel tyre removal) as it sealed as well as blew the tyre up.They worked with small punctures but were useless on bigger ones or where valve had ripped out, in which case they could be used to blow up a new tube. The other advantage they were light and could be taped to frame or handle bars.

Comment

Did you ever see the mess after someone fell off and burst the Finilec on the handlebars- wish I had a photo. Also with the Tyrenfire you can deflate a tyre for grip then blow it back up for a road section.

Comment

Originally posted by PeterGreig View Post
                    Also with the Tyrenfire you can deflate a tyre for grip then blow it back up for a road section.
                    If you had time!!

Comment

Working...
                    X