SpeedTrackTales/ISDT Website.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SpeedTrackTales/ISDT Website.

Andy Z's new thread today, re the ex John Pease ISDT Challenger coming up for sale elsewhere in this section reminded me to draw attention to this excellent site covering the history of the ISDT in case anyone hadn't seen it before; http://www.speedtracktales.co.uk/67969.html

The link above will take you to the 1965 event page (look out for the great Triss Sharp pics, riding his Challenger), but just about every year of the event is covered and can be accessed by selecting a year from the menu on the left of the screen. There are some fantastic period photographs, including many Greeves pics that I had certainly never seen before, together with a wealth of fascinating historical information. Thanks for jogging my memory Andy!

I thought it would perhaps be more appropriate to put this link here rather than in the 'Links and Resources' section.

Grab yourself a cuppa and have a browse-you may be here a while! Cracking stuff!

Brian.

Yep Brian thats where I got the info from. If you click on the 1966 ISDT you will see the results at bottom. It confirms Pease got a Silver in 1966

Comment

Great site isn't it John. I passed the link on to Rob a year or so ago when he told me he was researching the route for the 1961 Llandrindod Wells Event. Can't believe I hadn't thought to post it on here before now...!

That's a crackin' pic of (the recently restored) KOO 927 on the 1966 page, as well as that works bike with the Enfield tank, along with that great quote about why it was fitted from Bill Brooker!

Lots to enjoy on there and very handy for info/research.

Brian.

Comment

Note that '66 works bike (with RE tank) has a conical front hub a la Griffon. Also, the rear hub looks suspiciously conical, at least, the brake being on the left does. I had no idea these were around that early. Assuming the picture is '66, then that is a bit more 'Greeves Lore' I was not aware of.

Comment

Are you looking at the pic I took in the shed at Bordon? That tank was a proprietary job as used by RE, James, Ambassador etc
          I have sent that pic to several collectors, but as yet I don't have a credit in speedtracktales, I will contact Taff to get that corrected!

Comment

Working...
          X