Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Workshop stand for a Scottish

Happy Euro final weekend chaps.

Any opinions on a good scissor jack stand type thing for a Scottish? I note the frame is quite narrow so stability could be an issue, but also the footpegs being fixed could provide stability with blocks between them and a stand, maybe?

I saw this on Amazon: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08FTGMB...ing=UTF8&psc=1
    Who knows, it might lift the airhead too, save my poor old knees when fettling either bike.

Any thoughts?

Jon

I have the same stand. I had to put plywood over the top as the engine plates kept getting stuck in the gap other that that it's great lifts the bike seat to just below head height

Comment

Cheers Liam

Comment

I use milk crate up side down.

whitehillbilly

Comment

I’ve just done some checking. My other bike weighs in at almost 200kg, even dry, and that stand on Amazon is only rated for 135kg. I can’t justify it for one bike only. Damn!

Milk crate is a good idea - I had considered making something out of 2b4s, but I was hoping to get something that would bring the bikes up, not just get the wheels off the ground. And besides, I don’t eat enough raw meat to lift 200kg onto a box.

There are obviously lift/table/jack/platform things that will lift a great deal more, but the ones I’ve seen are huge, heavy and expensive.

The search goes on.

Jon

Comment

Several options on the Sealey website, Jon. Search for "bike lifts" .............

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	4B90445B-B264-4893-8ECD-92689B227E77.jpeg
Views:	147
Size:	561.3 KB
ID:	88584 £50 for the lift. £10 for the castors. Bits of old wood I had laying around. Sorted

Comment

Nice one, Jon. Lightweight trolley jack!

Comment

Working...
                X