• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heel toe changer

Click image for larger version

Name:	7D70B997-6F1F-4819-9A58-FBE7D2F0CE90.jpeg
Views:	197
Size:	500.2 KB
ID:	88115 My heel toe lever arrived today. I think it will make the gear changes easier, especially the down ones where I was having to waggle my foot around in mid air trying to get under the lever. I can’t see if affording me enough leverage for up changes by pulling up on the short end, but at least the toe end is a bit closer than before.

Jon

Looks a lot less vulnerable than the setting of your original lever, too, Jon.

Comment

Originally posted by johnrunnacles View Post
      Looks a lot less vulnerable than the setting of your original lever, too, Jon.
      I think it is. It tucks in really tight to the profile of the engine and both peg parts are high up away from trouble. Not that that matters much to me, unless I suddenly get an uncontrollable urge to go trialling. Whether it works or not as a gear changer whilst riding on the road remains to be seen, but it works in my lounge wearing trainers fine

I do fancy a bit of green laning. I know there are meant to be some green lanes here in Essex but have no idea where.

Or anything off tarmac really. We’ll see….

Jon

Comment

Hi Jon, where did you purchase the changer from ?

Comment

Extended Clutch arm.

Comment

Originally posted by Chizzler View Post
            Hi Jon, where did you purchase the changer from ?
            Hi Chizzler, I got it from Villiers Services. I've now used it on the road and can confirm it works. Using the closer end to change up is a bit hit and miss at the moment, so I'm generally reaching for the further end for that. I might get used to using the closer end with practice. But down changes work nice and positively using the closer end, so I'm glad I bought it. The only thing I think would suit me better is if the pegs were a bit longer - they can be a bit easy to miss with heavy boots on. Again, it'll just time to get used to, and it's probably better that way if you were trialling or otherwise off-roading.

Jon

Comment

I made mine from a broken gear lever and some round bar.
              Easy all down gear changing once you get use to it Jon. I tend to use my heal on the front one.

whotehillbilly
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X